Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody with a really good experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two Model S's. Best car's I've ever owned. Granted, it was over a year ago I got both of them within a few months of each other, so Tesla service may have changed since then. But it was a pleasant experience, and so far the cars have been working great. Such a pleasure to drive, constantly being updated with new and fun goodies, and not having to ever go to the gas station is great. Good luck with yours.

I picked up my new MS at the Dedham, MA location about 6 weeks ago. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

We got there about 10 minutes early, but they showed me where the car was, handed me a fob, and said to start checking it out. After 20 minutes of careful scrutiny, we only found one tiny spot where the paint needed a touch-up, invisible with the hatch closed. We deferred getting it fixed (we did that a couple of weeks ago), and went inside to sign papers. Everybody we saw at the SC was masked, and almost nobody was in the customer room: just one Tesla employee and one other customer. I signed some papers and handed over a check, got in my new Tesla, and drove home. With a very, very big grin on my face.

New Model S delivery at Rocklin CA in March 2018. It was raining, but other than that it went perfectly. No issues with the car at all. I have had perfect service experiences in the 2.5 years I have owned the car. Compared to previous MB and BMW poor sales and service experiences, Tesla rocked it.

I’m very happy with my model S and service here on Vancouver Island and in Vancouver for mainly small issues has been exceptional.

We have really enjoyed the vehicle and it has done a variety of things really well. Best vehicle we have had by far.

Enjoy yours!

Attachments

• 76922751-82FC-4191-9350-A0ADB779141A.jpeg
    76922751-82FC-4191-9350-A0ADB779141A.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 44
I picked up my new MS at the Dedham, MA location about 6 weeks ago. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

We got there about 10 minutes early, but they showed me where the car was, handed me a fob, and said to start checking it out. After 20 minutes of careful scrutiny, we only found one tiny spot where the paint needed a touch-up, invisible with the hatch closed. We deferred getting it fixed (we did that a couple of weeks ago), and went inside to sign papers. Everybody we saw at the SC was masked, and almost nobody was in the customer room: just one Tesla employee and one other customer. I signed some papers and handed over a check, got in my new Tesla, and drove home. With a very, very big grin on my face.
I picked up 2 Tesla model 3s at Dedham. Both went very well. Service at Dedham has been awesome too. We’re lucky to have such a great SC. From what I've read here, others haven’t had such great experiences. Enjoy your car.

Ok, took delivery today and felt I should post an update.

Could not have gone smoother. Polite technician that left me alone for the most part, plenty of time to inspect the vehicle and ask questions. Fortunately, my car was nearly perfect. I poured over it looking for panel gaps and paint chips and the exterior looks nearly flawless to me. Now, I'm not a professional detailer and probably don't have the microcopic eye that some people do, but I found no glaring flaws.

The inside of the car had two areas with tiny imperfections. They were pretty minor. So far driving has been wonderful. I wish I hadn't stressed out so much from reading all the horror stories.

Reactions: EVortex and evfeh
I got my 2020 Model S in May 2020. It has been amazing. However, my only complaint is with the tires. I've had two flats since I got her; never have I had to deal with flats this often with other cars. Therefore, I bought the Bridgestone runflat tires and they have been amazing! I don't notice any difference in efficiency. They feel much smoother, dampen a lot more noice from uneven roads and they also handle more weight than the stock Tesla tires. If you have around $1k to spend, I would get them at a Costco. They are able to put them on AND they give you 5 years of road hazard protection - If you get a flat etc for whatever reason, they will either fix it for free if it can be OR will credit you based on the remaining thread life of that tire and apply it to your new tire purchase. Tesla doesn't provide any sort of tire protection at all themselves.

I picked up 2 Tesla model 3s at Dedham. Both went very well. Service at Dedham has been awesome too. We’re lucky to have such a great SC. From what I've read here, others haven’t had such great experiences. Enjoy your car.

I also took delivery of my car at Dedham, in September 2015, not too long after it first opened. It was a very nice experience, of course, but that was long ago in Tesla terms. Glad to hear that these two recent experiences were also good!
I have also had very good service experiences at Dedham for the five years since, except for some delays getting appointments.
Best wishes to both of you, both with your cars and with your Tesla ownership experiences.

Reactions: BioSci and hcdavis3
Hello,

I am new the forums and about to pick up a new Model S. I am taking delivery next week. I have been reading a lot (A LOT) on the internet about delivery experiences, expectations, checklists, etc.

I am getting very nervous that my car is going to be a complete disaster when I go pick it up. Or, just in general its going to be a terrible experience.

Can somebody please just post that they had a great experience and their car was perfect at delivery? I just want some happy thoughts. Thanks
I purchased a Model S (eight years ago) and a Model X this year. Both were great purchase experiences with no issues (and both cars have been great too). I never bothered with any checklists because they just weren't necessary. Don't read to much into the issues you hear about in various forums, some exist but they are a minority (no car make is free from issues on delivery, I've had a few non-Teslas that required work to make them right). Tesla has sold over a million cars so far, one tenth of a percent having issues means one thousand problematic experiences. Issues are often posted multiple times, so each posting has a tendency to appear to be a different issue. Those with no issues just don't post that much. Also there are some trolls out there that talk about issues when they don't even have a Tesla. Enjoy your purchase, you're getting a great car.

After reading so many critical comments about delivery issues, I had my fears today as I was to pick up my MY. I went ahead of time, armed with a delivery checklist, and looked over the car. After a thorough check, I found only a tiny blemish on the hood, and they buffed that out before we did all of the paperwork.

The paperwork went extremely smoothly, and we were on our way home with a spanking new car in a matter of less than 40 minutes which included the time to set up my phone key, my profile, etc.

Reactions: David29