Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody with 'Midnight Silver' and 'Sonic Carbon' Wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't taken any nice pics with chrome delete yet.
20180320_094600.jpg

Interesting. I’ve go the midnight silver (love that color!) and wasn’t a fan of the sonic carbon. BUUUUT keeping the standard wheels clean, especially the front, is a nightmare. The X spits out brake dust like it’s going out of style.

I bet those sonic carbon wheels look “cleaner” for much longer. Solid choice, Chicagoland.

Now how to change the wheels without the wife noticing?

Reactions: Kacey Green
Interesting. I’ve go the midnight silver (love that color!) and wasn’t a fan of the sonic carbon. BUUUUT keeping the standard wheels clean, especially the front, is a nightmare. The X spits out brake dust like it’s going out of style.

I bet those sonic carbon wheels look “cleaner” for much longer. Solid choice, Chicagoland.

You have three choices as I see it (maybe 4).

-Buy a set of Sonic Carbon wheels.
-Powder coat your existing wheels the Sonic Carbon color (+/- $1,000 all in).
-Nano coat your existing wheels the minimize buildup and make cleaning a breeze.
-(Option 4) combine 1&3 or 2&3 and get the best of both worlds.

Interesting. I’ve go the midnight silver (love that color!) and wasn’t a fan of the sonic carbon. BUUUUT keeping the standard wheels clean, especially the front, is a nightmare. The X spits out brake dust like it’s going out of style...
You shouldn't have brake dust on your rims, I don't. You're probably using your brakes too much and not regen. Ensure you have regen set to standard and avoid the brakes as much as possible. Mine stay really clean.

It's not Sonic Carbon (that option wasn't available when I ordered) but I got them powder coated a gun-metal gray.
bpElB5v.jpg