TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anybody with Signature Performance with Blue paint?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by hiroshiy, Jul 13, 2013.

1. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

I have a sig perf reservation (yes, they are still available for Japan!) and am interested in Blue Metallic or Black. Black is available but Blue Metallic is not for Signature.
    Is it possible to "request" existing colors for Signature? I'm not saying completely custom color, but the same color available to GP Model S.

2. nikwest

nikwest Member

For Europe this wasn't possible. Not sure why though...

3. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

Thanks, nikwest! I think since really-early production phase has been over with U.S. production, we could be allowed for more color choices and get the car delivered early (Sig). We will have less than 100 Sigs here so why not...

4. walla2

walla2 Member

This was not an option in the U.S. or Europe even for people that asked politely or offered to slightly pay more. IT may be an option if you pay a lot more, but at the likely required amount, you might as well wrap the car and get protection and color options.

5. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

@walla2: Thanks for the info! Let me try and will post the result back...

6. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

During the test drive events before the cars first shipped, Tesla had a blue Signature Performance car, with the Signature White interior. Man, it was sharp.

If I could get a custom color, though, I would ask for the color Laurent got on his:

First Model S to get a custom color after delivery?! - Page 2

7. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

@MikeK: thanks for the info! Seems his paint look the same as Franz von Holzhausen's custom color. I prefer the darker, standard blue paint over his bright blue.
    BTW I found that similar bright blue in Audi's in around 2007.

8. TheAustin

TheAustin Model S: P2009 P85

Damn, that sound sharp! I would have done that all the way had it been an option...Although, I'm quite happy with my non-Sig blue P85 with grey leather...Quite nice too :)

9. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

Just to report that Blue Metallic became available for Sig Performance, along with all other colors.