Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone 3 phase charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I’ve got 3 phase. We have four EVs in our household, all of which do quite high mileage, and we have two Andersens to charge them. The other three cars can charge at 22KW, while my incredibly advanced, cutting edge M3 is restricted to 11KW. It’s still a very useful increase though.

Yes, I know a model 3 is 11kw only, its still 30odd percent quicker than 7kw!

It looks like the Tesla wallbox will do anything single to full 3 phase? It makes sense I think. I looked at the Anderson, however its about twice the cost and I don't see why?

I have 3 phase and charge at 11kW which is great if you have an off-peak tariff (I have Good Energy EV on the 7p/kWh for 7 Hours deal Midnight to 7am). However I also have a 3 phase Zappi charger and there is some issue with the M3LR (maybe other models as well) and the internal 'Boost Timer' of the Zappi.

All works fine if I use the cars Scheduled charge setting and put the Zappi on FAST and cancel the Zappi Boost timer. However if the Zappi timer is allowed to activate the Zappi fails to switch to 3 phase so you only get 7kW and the car randomly reduces the charge rate (to around 5.5kW) during the night. Trouble is I also charge a Leaf and an iMiev on the Zappi - so have to remember to reset the Boost Timer for those. And I have to remember to set the Zappi to Eco or ECO+ if I want to make use of the solar.

So; 3 Phase - yes definitely. Zappi - Nope, not for a Tesla M3.