Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone able to pick up directly from Fremont, if live close enough?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd rather not pay $1100 for delivery fee when I can drive 90 min to Fremont. But my profile picks my "local store" to deliver to and thus an extra delivery fee. Or is it?

I get that it's a 60K car and I'm splitting hairs but just curious if anyone has had success with this.

Thanks.

My understanding (because I asked them this) is that you'll still pay the delivery fee if you do

...because for $1100, I'd travel from North Texas to do it!

also (and this is obviously not a problem for you) they said I'd have to make it a California vehicle, then reregister it when I got to Texas

Reactions: rugger
Does it say delivery fee, or destination fee?

IIRC destination fee is non-negotiable, and legally has to be the same for any location in the lower 48.

I picked my car up from the factory, but it made no difference to the price/fees. However, that was a few years ago, so things could be different now.

It was worth checking. I've already run into things my SA says no on, then find out otherwise, then get her to change it cause she really didn't know. LOL.

Thanks all.
Maybe an answer to a different question but here goes:
I live about 4 miles from the factory. My Y was trucked to Dublin (about 25 miles away) and then driven back over the hill to my home for delivery.

• Funny