Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone actually missing trip info and tyre pressure cards more than heated seats and defroster buttons?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the heated seats and defroster buttons back on the launch bar where they belong and that's good even for people, like me, that almost never need them, even on winter.

But I feel that the trip info card that, on the other hand, I used almost all the time is lost forever. Which is sad becase it was so useful an convenient when you actually use your Tesla for road trips (now it's the odometer or the map but not both)... IIt seems that most tesla users live in really cold places since I felt there was a lot less complaining about trip info and tyre pressure cards than about heated seats. And that's why I think they are not coming back... :(

On trips, the trip meter / energy graph is very useful and provides consumption information. You can have that at a one-click distance with a shortcut. Tire pressures shouldn't be needed continuously while you drive but they are indeed a bit far away. Since I have TeslaFi, that's where I check that my tire pressures are still okay, say once a week.

Reactions: Jurnimon
On trips, the trip meter / energy graph is very useful and provides consumption information. You can have that at a one-click distance with a shortcut. Tire pressures shouldn't be needed continuously while you drive but they are indeed a bit far away. Since I have TeslaFi, that's where I check that my tire pressures are still okay, say once a week.
I think a smaller rendering of the energy usage chart would be awesome. I like to keep tabs on it, but hate that it takes up the entire screen. I don't know why we can't get a cool "gauge" view like the model S has in the drivers display. They have all of the data to do it, they choose not to.

That option in not nearly as convenient as the trip info card since it covers the entire map/navigation info so you can't really leave it active all the time on a trip. That's the real problem for me. We have all the same information as before but now it's just not as usable...

Please bring the Trip card back in some non-obscuring fashion. I didn't like how it blocked part of the visualization area in pre-v11, and there are plenty of space on the map side to show it in a corner.

Also, please bring back the tenth digit of the tripdometer. That's the single dumbest change in V11 (because there is no reason for it whatsoever). You can argue everything else in V11 was for a reason - safety, minimalist, organization, etc. But the removal of the tenth digit is just stupid. There is more than enough room to display 5 decimal points, and you don't save any processing power with the removal. It's simply a feature removal for no reason.

I still miss the cards on a regular basis. You can use the trips section of the system screen or the energy meter but neither of those is as easy or useful.

I've found the energy meter to be next to useless. It's somewhat helpful on long trips to give a visual estimate of the remaining charge at the end but you can see the estimated charge on the navigation screen anyway. For routine daily use, seeing your current efficiency, etc the odometer card was far and away more useful. Plus it had the advantage of not taking up half the screen. If we're honest, the left half of the screen is pretty useless, anyway. It's got a pretty graphic of the car but you really don't use that while you're driving.

Please bring the Trip card back in some non-obscuring fashion. I didn't like how it blocked part of the visualization area in pre-v11, and there are plenty of space on the map side to show it in a corner.

Also, please bring back the tenth digit of the tripdometer. That's the single dumbest change in V11 (because there is no reason for it whatsoever). You can argue everything else in V11 was for a reason - safety, minimalist, organization, etc. But the removal of the tenth digit is just stupid. There is more than enough room to display 5 decimal points, and you don't save any processing power with the removal. It's simply a feature removal for no reason.
you can argue, but most of v11 was just stupid.

I'm lost at what is going on here. Are you folks talking about cars other than the MX? I have trip or tire pressure information on the center console all the time. so not missing anything.
Yes, we are talking about the 3/Y. Prior to the Holiday "Update" we had that info in an easy to show cards that we could get to quickly and leave on the screen if we wanted without covering up the map. V11 took that all away.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert