Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone actually missing trip info and tyre pressure cards more than heated seats and defroster buttons?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kind of liked the V10 trip cards, but now that I’ve used V11 for a while, I think I prefer the new trip page where everything is displayed at once instead of separate cards. When I check the trip page it’s never more than a few seconds to acquire the information I wanted to look at, so I don’t have an issue with it covering up the map.

I hate that they buried it another level into the UI. It used to be easy access. I used that trip card a lot, to check on my driving efficiency. I wonder how everyone would feel if they do that with the turn signal, bury it into the menu and turn that stalk into a game controller. Or better yet, make it voice control, press voice button, "signal left" or "turn left", every fricking time. That should be fun.

• Funny
Reactions: kavyboy and SDRick
I don't understand what you mean. The tire pressure as well as the trip meters information is still available. It's simply exposed elsewhere in the UI. I call that a move. :) You might not like the implementation, but there is one.
the frustrating part is there was no need to remove the cards. Those that didn't like them could use the Trips menu. The left half of the display is little more than eye-candy. There's precious little actual use for the images during routine driving so it essentially wastes ⅓-½ the screen.

Reactions: Anser and iamnid
the frustrating part is there was no need to remove the cards... The left half of the display is little more than eye-candy. There's precious little actual use for the images during routine driving so it essentially wastes ⅓-½ the screen.
The only "weird" thing for me for the placement of the old card is that surrounding vehicles (just behind the car) would be obscured and they would emerge from behind the trip cards. You're right that the visualization isn't too useful in terms of driving decisions, like when to turn, but when I do look at it occasionally, I want to instinctively look "around" the trip card and see the vehicles behind it, lol.

The right side of the screen, navigation, is 90% information. The only important part is where the arrow is (your car) and the immediately surrounding streets. I feel a smaller version of the trip card can be placed there somewhere.

Reactions: Anser and sleepydoc
If I was designing the UI, I'd put a hot-key button right above the car icon in the lower left corner that could be set to bring up any of the pages within the car icon. I'd set that to the trip page to bring it up in one touch. I prefer the trip page over the previous cards, but it would be nice to bring it up with one touch instead of two.

Reactions: mangrove79
If I was designing the UI, I'd put a hot-key button right above the car icon in the lower left corner that could be set to bring up any of the pages within the car icon. I'd set that to the trip page to bring it up in one touch. I prefer the trip page over the previous cards, but it would be nice to bring it up with one touch instead of two.
I'll do you one better. If I were to design it, I would program the in-cabin camera to detect when I'm directly looking at it. One look and it knows to bring up the trip card. :p

I agree with the sentiment that the visualization on the left is all but useless. It's a cool party trick but I really don't care what the car can see. I certainly didn't need it get bigger like it did after the Xmas 2020 update and I really didn't need that section to become completely devoid of useful information when they got rid of the cards in the Xmas 2021 update.

Reactions: Anser
yes, miss BOTH regularly. I don’t really know I why they had to be removed.. Frankly the bottom left of the screen is somewhat dynamic, homelink, lights, etc, why not just have the trip CARD be dynamic too when one clicks on the battery icon above? Up comes the card, then one could swipe through trips, lifetime, current KWH usage, etc then it could just as dynamically go away after some seconds.

Yes. Tire pressure changes are the first warning for tire damage like nails or screws, and there's no spare in these cars.

Given that one of the pieces of general operating advice for all cars is to check your tires before you leave, you'd think the smart thing to do would be to display the tire pressures at startup.

OR: rest assured that the system will tell you if they are low. No warning = they are good, no need to check them yourself. As a data point, I recently caught a screw in my tire that was deflating it very slowly. I got the warning with well over 30psi still in the tire. I think this is good enough.
Also, they cannot show pressures as you leave because the sensors are not sending values, they are sleeping. You need to drive a little bit for the sensors to wake up and start sending values...

OR: rest assured that the system will tell you if they are low. No warning = they are good, no need to check them yourself. As a data point, I recently caught a screw in my tire that was deflating it very slowly. I got the warning with well over 30psi still in the tire. I think this is good enough.
Also, they cannot show pressures as you leave because the sensors are not sending values, they are sleeping. You need to drive a little bit for the sensors to wake up and start sending values...
I think they show the most recent values but I’d have to check. Regardless, the TPMS will warn you when a tire is really low but not if it’s somewhat low Or progressively getting lower. The recommended pressure for a MY is 42 PSI so 30 is a greater than 25% drop. Economy and handling are affected well before that.

Reactions: Relayer
I think they show the most recent values but I’d have to check. Regardless, the TPMS will warn you when a tire is really low but not if it’s somewhat low Or progressively getting lower. The recommended pressure for a MY is 42 PSI so 30 is a greater than 25% drop. Economy and handling are affected well before that.
That's what happened to me when I got a screw in my tire. It went down like 5 lbs, so I didn't get a notification because I keep my tires at 42 PSI. I just happened to check the tire pressure and saw it was at 37psi, so I checked the tire and found the screw. Fortunately I was close to home, and was able to drive it to get it repaired.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Moving the trip info is frustrating. On longer trips, I monitor energy usage so I know if I need to adjust my desired charging stop. I haven’t experienced v11 in the winter but this will really be annoying for our winter trips where we do not have charging at our destination. I’ll have to keep another app running to monitor energy use. I expect Tesla decided that few people use the trip info and just drive so it is not necessary
To be readily available on the left side of the screen.

Reactions: tivoboy