Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone actually take delivery of Long Range Plus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Long Range Plus and took delivery on Friday. Love the car, am fine with the wheels because I have news ones coming this week.

My LRP is now showing anywhere that is is a plus and the range at 95% is only 345.

I am curious if anyone took delivery of one that is getting the claimed 390 and what software version it is on?

JFYI, new Model X owners of LR+ cars are also experiencing the same chaos of short-spec range and mislabeled Moroneys, downrevved software, etc. Once upgraded to 2020.8.1, range is correct and the vehicle is correctly identified as LR+. Provided of course, that they’ve got the F revision battery.

so there’s hope that this will all get straightened out once the MS’s are updated as well.

My LR (Purchased 1/20, delivered 3/3, LR, 2/20 Build Date, VIN 249xxx) updated today (3/7/20) to software version 2020.8.1 and now shows 351 Mile Range. (Note that it did not show this extended range after it updated to version 2020.4.11 2 days ago).

Also, now it shows the Model as a Long Range Plus.

I ordered a Model S Long Range back in mid February and took delivery on 3/3/2020. Originally, they said they were holding delivery until after the long range plus software update comes out, but in actuality I think it was a firmware update that made my car compatible with the long range plus update that isn't out yet.

I ordered a LR+ in Feb and got the car delivered last Friday. But nowhere it shows LR+ and window sticker says LR.
Also I see few quality issues with such an expensive car, what a shame Tesla. Not sure you guys have such issues.

Doors are not aligned when you look at the chrome trim around the windows.
Doors don't shut smoothly, they need to be slammed.
Lot of wind noise from the front when driving. Oh My goodness never expected this in a new car. whatever...Cant compare this with a Porsche...

I was told by delivery today that my car that was built on 17 Jan and is currently a LR....I was told that I would be getting a firmware update later to get me to the LR+....I asked them if this was a software or firmware update and was told it was a firmware and that it would be free.....I then asked what the differences between software upgrade and firmware upgrade and was told a firmware update is just a larger file for the whole car.....

yea, go figure....we will see what happens and when

I ordered a LR+ in Feb and got the car delivered last Friday. But nowhere it shows LR+ and window sticker says LR.
Also I see few quality issues with such an expensive car, what a shame Tesla. Not sure you guys have such issues.

Doors are not aligned when you look at the chrome trim around the windows.
Doors don't shut smoothly, they need to be slammed.
Lot of wind noise from the front when driving. Oh My goodness never expected this in a new car. whatever...Cant compare this with a Porsche...

i picked mine up last week and had the same thing with doors. Have to push so hard to close them. Had to ask the Tesla guy if something was wrong them.

Took delivery today, 3/17/20, in Phoenix. I commend them for implementing a new social distance policy. Unfortunately it felt very rushed. Basically here's where you can find the videos, you can watch them while you charge it off-site until you have enough charge to get home. Did my walk around after I got home and found a 4 1/2 inch blistered run in the paint below the license plate. Also same bad door fit, slamming of door to get it to close, no 390 range or LR+ on display. Otherwise love the car! media-1584501842026-Mar_17_2020_8_21_PM.jpg