Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone been able to use Pirelli Scorpion Mileage Warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought these a year ago and had the vehicle alignment done at Tesla immediately after. I've put less than 10k miles and the rear inside tires are worn much more than the rest of the tire. The fronts look even but look like they won't last more than another 10k miles. I spoke with the place I purchased (BigO) and they said Pirelli doesn't honor mileage warranty on staggered vehicles and they do not cover uneven wear. So now I'm irritated that these tires are going to expire much sooner than anticipated and that the mileage warranty will be worthless. What's everyone's experience on this?

I wonder if I had bought these at Costco would've better since they're great for honoring warranties.

In regards to the no warranty for staggered vehicles, I think I remember reading about that somewhere when I was shopping for tires. You may be onto something with Costco. Another option would be to have the tires flipped on each wheel to get more life out of them. This is better done before your inside tread is too far gone. But the Tesla's camber so much the outside tread hardly wears at all. I do not recommend getting an alignment at Tesla. Find a good shop (not chain like Firestone) to do the alignment and really get it dialed in. You are limited since the rear camber is not adjustable. Purchasing an adjustable control arm and toe arm for the rear would solve your issue and have a performance shop or something get it dialed in. Tesla's allowances are far too broad.

I bought these a year ago and had the vehicle alignment done at Tesla immediately after. I've put less than 10k miles and the rear inside tires are worn much more than the rest of the tire. The fronts look even but look like they won't last more than another 10k miles. I spoke with the place I purchased (BigO) and they said Pirelli doesn't honor mileage warranty on staggered vehicles and they do not cover uneven wear. So now I'm irritated that these tires are going to expire much sooner than anticipated and that the mileage warranty will be worthless. What's everyone's experience on this?

I wonder if I had bought these at Costco would've better since they're great for honoring warranties.

They can't deny mileage warranties for staggered but they can if they aren't directional and you didn't rotate them side to side.

I'm getting pirelli put on my model x as we speak... 😩

But I'm excited. The conti I had before I did NOT like. The foam was hard to repair on multiple punctures and they wore horribly. Went through few sets.

Current tires coming off are toyo proxies III. I like them alot. Great handling and wear. Replacing after 35k miles but last 5-10k miles I've been slipping in wetness a bit. Their warranty is halfed if staggered. I've been reading warranties and that seems standard. Logical.

Re costco. I've been scouring them for half a year. Nothing in model x size except winters. And guy said will be MANY months until restock.

Re alignment. I might need one. Actually tesla dude said to go to another shop...

Can someone post national chain alignment experiences please. Or good shops in NJ, preferably south jersey. Or near Philly.

I'm getting pirelli put on my model x as we speak... 😩

But I'm excited. The conti I had before I did NOT like. The foam was hard to repair on multiple punctures and they wore horribly. Went through few sets.

Current tires coming off are toyo proxies III. I like them alot. Great handling and wear. Replacing after 35k miles but last 5-10k miles I've been slipping in wetness a bit. Their warranty is halfed if staggered. I've been reading warranties and that seems standard. Logical.

Re costco. I've been scouring them for half a year. Nothing in model x size except winters. And guy said will be MANY months until restock.

Re alignment. I might need one. Actually tesla dude said to go to another shop...

Can someone post national chain alignment experiences please. Or good shops in NJ, preferably south jersey. Or near Philly.
I did an alignment last week at Big O for my 2022 MX that I received in April. The right front tire was WAY out of alignment. After the alignment, I saw about a 15% improvement in efficiency so it was definitely worth the time and trouble.

Reactions: Cuttin
Just an update.

Had the pirellis for a 3k miles. LOVE them. Very quiet and hold ridiculously well. Did some back mountain roads and some in rain and gripped really well.

$1200 online for tires and tesla charged $200 to put on. I know I know, could have gotten cheaper but wanted elons boys to do it.

I'm not holding out for warranty.
Hope for the best and expect 20-30k miles, not the 50k promised, given the weight of car and how hard I drive it.

I bought mine Scorpion A//S Plus tires at Discount tire, they lasted only about 15k. Discount tire honored the warranty but they don't have the same tires in stock so we use the refund towards a set of snow tires.

I got my tires in Oct 2021. 265/45 at $269 each. 275/45 at $256 each. We had to replace them all in Oct 2023, 265/45 was refunded $226 each, 275/45 was refunded $306 (more than I paid for).

Attachments

• IMG_0564 Copy.jpeg
    IMG_0564 Copy.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Discount Tire
Wow. That is crazy.

My understanding is that for the asymmetrical tires. The warranty is half or something like that because you can’t rotate them, but it could be specific to the Toyo proxies I had at some point. I don’t remember anymore.

Also, I thought for these warranties they prorated but it looks like you got nearly the same price that you paid for them.