TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone been to previous Tesla reveals? Unsure whether to go to Model 3 event

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Brandon332, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Hi all! I got the email invite to attend the Model 3 handover event. Wondering has anyone been to past delivery events? I got this email due to referrals and I'm debating going, since I'm all the way in Massachusetts. Also no one wants to come along. Idk if it's a quick reveal or worth the trip! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm also open to making a deal for the +1 ticket also if people really want to go! :) I'm just not sure what to expect.

[​IMG]

2. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I'd love to go, but the wife would kill me if she didn't get to...

3. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

Let me make this easy for you... transfer your invitation to me and I'll let you know! :)

4. Drekar

Drekar Member

I read in another post these are not transferable.

I don't know the referral system, but perhaps Tesla would allow you to change it to something of use to you. Perhaps a powerwall?

5. RedP85+

RedP85+ Member

I went to gigafactory opening and loved it. If you decide to go, I would love to be your plus one.

6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

However, +1 is OK. The stipulation is that the invitee and guest must arrive together at the event for check-in. Some people have even offered to help defray the invitee's costs (transportation, lodging) if they could go as a +1. Check some of the other Model 3 event threads where people are asking to be invited as guests.

7. beantownrich

beantownrich Member

I'm in MA too, I'll be your plus one :)

8. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

We attended the MX rollout. I don't regret it, but I wouldn't do it again.

Free food and drinks? Maybe. If you don't mind standing in line for 20 minutes. Food always ran out before the like did. Came to the point that as food was coming out, it was gone before the delivery reached the distribution table. Don't go there hungry or thirsty.

We could only see a screen -- not the live stage. Way too crowded. Also, of course, it started a couple of hours late.

Again, glad we went, but wouldn't go again, even knowing what we know now.

9. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

It might be fun to go if you were really inclined and wanted a bit of a vacation squeezed in. Since the cars being presented that day are suppose to be for some lucky employees, it's not like they are going to call people out of the audience and present you with one. I think it's nice the employees are getting first dibs. Are you on the waiting list for one? If so it would be a chance to see one up close presumably cause even at the rate of a few hundred a month until later in the yea, my guess is it's going to be a while before you see one in person on your Coast. With the factory here I'm sure us SF Bay people will see them periodically.

Have you decided to go? How many are you taking along with you? Have fun if you go and report back.

10. azred

azred Member

If you want pointers on how to set up a YouTube channel to generate fake friend purchase referrals and "earn" a new car, this would seem like a good event to attend. It shouldn't require too much mingling.

• Funny x 2
  11. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Its fun ... lots of enthusiasm.

Always a neat experience.