Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone been to previous Tesla reveals? Unsure whether to go to Model 3 event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I got the email invite to attend the Model 3 handover event. Wondering has anyone been to past delivery events? I got this email due to referrals and I'm debating going, since I'm all the way in Massachusetts. Also no one wants to come along. Idk if it's a quick reveal or worth the trip! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm also open to making a deal for the +1 ticket also if people really want to go! :) I'm just not sure what to expect.

I read in another post these are not transferable.
However, +1 is OK. The stipulation is that the invitee and guest must arrive together at the event for check-in. Some people have even offered to help defray the invitee's costs (transportation, lodging) if they could go as a +1. Check some of the other Model 3 event threads where people are asking to be invited as guests.

We attended the MX rollout. I don't regret it, but I wouldn't do it again.

Free food and drinks? Maybe. If you don't mind standing in line for 20 minutes. Food always ran out before the like did. Came to the point that as food was coming out, it was gone before the delivery reached the distribution table. Don't go there hungry or thirsty.

We could only see a screen -- not the live stage. Way too crowded. Also, of course, it started a couple of hours late.

Again, glad we went, but wouldn't go again, even knowing what we know now.

It might be fun to go if you were really inclined and wanted a bit of a vacation squeezed in. Since the cars being presented that day are suppose to be for some lucky employees, it's not like they are going to call people out of the audience and present you with one. I think it's nice the employees are getting first dibs. Are you on the waiting list for one? If so it would be a chance to see one up close presumably cause even at the rate of a few hundred a month until later in the yea, my guess is it's going to be a while before you see one in person on your Coast. With the factory here I'm sure us SF Bay people will see them periodically.

Have you decided to go? How many are you taking along with you? Have fun if you go and report back.