Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone beside me ever tried Nanoglass ceramic sealant?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
I enjoy washing my Model S. I rather do it than let someone else do it even if they would do it for free. I take very good care of my Tesla. Has anyone else tried Duragloss 901 car shampoo or Nanoglass for the paint? I did. Good stuff.

Since I was getting the Nanoglass ceramic paint sealant kit anyway from ForMyTesla.com, I decided to also get the shampoo he sells. Best car shampoo I’ve ever used. I was not expecting this. I figured this would be the same as the Mother’s or Meguriar's I’ve always used. Nope. This stuff still has plenty of suds after I finished with the car and the wheels. When I dumped the bucket, I dumped suds. Wow. I took the Mother’s and Mequiar’s I had left over and gave them to my neighbor. I hope he doesn’t ask me what I am using now. lol

Nanoglass ceramic sealant kit. My most recent Model S is just over a month old. Its kept in a garage when not driving. The weather has been pretty good lately. The car cleans up nicely. I routinely spend about 2 hours washing it. I use a foam gun, 2 buckets and at the end, I use a weak nozzle with running water to let the water adhere to itself as it runs off the body. Then dry it with those fluffy fresh microfiber towels. Today in preparation for the application of Nanoglass, it even got a good blow dry with a lawn blower used only for that. So it was really clean before I started the Nanoglass prep.

Squeaky Clean is a prep/cleaner that comes with the Nanoglass. I reread the instructions again on Squeaky Clean and used the foam pad. Wow, Squeaky Clean still found a lot of fresh dirt and grime that I would never have guessed was still on the car even only a month old. I used several thick microfiber towels so I could really see the dirt. It is amazing what Squeaky lifted off that paint, and that paint absolutely should have been perfect.

Okay, on to the Nanoglass. It took a little while to get a rhythm going before I realized how to spread it and make sure it was “gone” before moving on. When I applied Nanoglass, I concentrated on consistently covering the area. I used Karate Kid circles and then back and forth, up and down action, until it was dry. I got this hint from watching some ceramic application videos on YouTube. None were about Nanoglass, but it seems all ceramic products were applied about the same.

The application was easy and I didn’t have to follow techniques that only a professional detailer would know. Now I understand what the box meant by Nanoglass streaks. There was some streaking like the package said might occur. But the product is very forgiving. It was easy to remove the streaks by hand buffing with a soft cloth – just as the instructions said. After I finished Nan-O-ing the entire car about a 90 minute process, I went back with fluffy thick microfibers and wiped the entire car down. Even where I had no streaks, I did it anyway. It’s a small bottle with a sprayer. I had enough to do the entire car, including the glass, head and tail lights and wheels. This makes these surfaces slicker and dirt and road stuff will not stick as easy.

The car looks amazing !! Wow. After applying the Nanoglass, I could see a difference. My S is RED with the all glass roof. Wow does the finish and color jump out at me now. Really looks great. I am very pleased. The CQuartz I did a couple of years ago on my ’13 cost about $900. Boy, was this a savings. Think about it before you do yours. ForMyTesla.com has unique products. I purchased my logo mats from Jerry.

Here's a few from today.

HOT S-9.JPG

HOT S-8.JPG

HOT S-12.JPG

HOT S-3.JPG

HOT S-11.JPG

Reactions: pilotSteve
If you missed a spot, how hard was it to buff out?

I used Gtechniq CSL and EXO v3 and the stuff bonds to the paint after an hour or so and I had to polish out a few spots I missed and repeat the process before the leftovers turned into a hockey puck in their vials.

My results: