Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bored?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enjoying the comments

I agree also that you need a British sports car. I had. Triumph TR7 convertible in college in the late 80's. It would not cold start. Fortunately I lived on a hill and could roll start it. If I left it too long some place flat, I'd have to find some people to push it for me to start her up. Add in pop up headlights that would occasionally pop up only one at a time, wipers that wouldn't wipe a lot of times and I had a car that was sometimes fun, very frustrating, never boring.

I ended up taking the car to a local dealer and he offered me $500 for it. I made sure it was good and warm, so it would start right up firs try, took the money and got as far away as fast as I could.

I'll take the boring ol' Model S any day.

I am enjoying all the comments-keep them coming. I am surprised that no one suggested a motorcycle!
I haven't found any real use for frank. Do we need it? Could the front be shortened with the wheels closer to each other? I am a solo driver-Could I remove unwanted seats and reduce weight? In summer, here in Orlando, the metal handles are HOT-any material scientist would could suggest a coating/cover...?
I found a routine exercise-the driver seat floor mat keeps creeping and bunching up. Periodically I bring it down to start all over again. Reaching for my coffee cup behind my right shoulder has strengthened my right biceps look like a one handed hulk!

This is a T-shirt idea!

c7gor.jpg

Great! It could be me instead of her.
If Tesla needs to introduce some silly flaws, what would those be?
Occasional noise-a clank-clank?
Back camera pointing at the sky or zooming into the car behind.
A whiff of smoke from the vent
Well, last week my navigation actually pointed out to a street across the sea as my destination and gave 8642 miles as the distance! I wonder what would have happened if I had tried to follow the route!
A low voltage shock from the steering wheel
Persistent Kia commercials over the radio
Handle sliding outward and dropping into the ground
Low battery warning
Mad driver in the next lane sensor that wouldn't allow you to accelerate and speed up

Proposed cure for boredom in just two steps:

1. Find an open road
2. Floor it

* Disclaimer 1: In some areas, step 1 could be challenging.
* Disclaimer 2: Step 2 only tends to be legal for 4-6 seconds at a time in the Model S.

:)

In all seriousness, I've had my Model S for over a year and >12,000 miles and still can't imagine being bored with it. I do understand your point that you like tinkering with ... quirky ... cars. With Model S, I'm guessing the most excitement you'll see in that regard is with the various mods that forum members have been trying, like the lighted T, front camera, suspension tweaks, lighting additions, apps, etc. And maybe the occasional firmware update.

Buy an old British sports car.

You will never know if it will start, never know what is going to fall off next, never have any idea what is ahead of you in the dark. And if it rains...

yeah... and don't forget the fire extinguisher... :biggrin:

[speaking as a one-time owner of a TR3 (my Baby!), two Spitfires and a Sprite (feh).]

Last edited:
How about a long road trip off the supercharger path? Improvised charging can be an adventure. Look at some of Bjorn's videos on this site (TMC).

Better hurry though, the Superchargers are going in quickly.

GSP

Driving on the streets in any car is just different shades of boring depending on the car. Go out and buy a vintage formula or sedan race car and race on the weekends. You will NOT be bored and you WILL find quirks in your car. You will also learn how to drive a car well, but you will also learn just how boring driving on the street really is in any car.

It's funny, I was just thinking yesterday that my S has become really, really super comfortable. Like ultra-familiar. Sort of like a brain-body extension, not to sound too cliche... I know where all the non-buttons and non-dials are; I've got the charging thing down for local and long-distance and there's no stress; It's comfortable for a cruise, but the P makes us go where I want to intuitively, like a motorcycle. I think it, check my shoulder and we're there. Service even swapped out the drive unit while I ran errands in their loaner car, which made that thing a total non-issue ;-) And I like driving again, which I had started to hate. I guess this state could be called "boring." 6 months, 22K miles.

My recommendation: buy a boat. A big one. Keep it in the salt water. With lots of electronics, pumps, hydraulics, generators, engines, transmissions, sanitation systems, multiple power systems, radar, wood and fiberglass surfaces to maintain, there's never a dull moment. ;)

Got it!

It's funny, I was just thinking yesterday that my S has become really, really super comfortable. Like ultra-familiar. Sort of like a brain-body extension, not to sound too cliche... I know where all the non-buttons and non-dials are; I've got the charging thing down for local and long-distance and there's no stress; It's comfortable for a cruise, but the P makes us go where I want to intuitively, like a motorcycle. I think it, check my shoulder and we're there. Service even swapped out the drive unit while I ran errands in their loaner car, which made that thing a total non-issue ;-) And I like driving again, which I had started to hate. I guess this state could be called "boring." 6 months, 22K miles.

Got it
A real Zen car-not the fake Infinity.
I will put cool blue lights, incense smell, Tibetan meditation bell sound, focus on one thing-the real ultimate not just the driving but driven experience. Tesla is the master which will possess my mind and body and not even "Please make a U turn NOW" will deter from the mission. Boredom is abstract-realization is present. I will see my S85 in different light everyday. I will feel one with Tesla. I am Tesla and I am not boring.

Truly original! We could all use a little bit of Tibetan meditation I think.

Got it
A real Zen car-not the fake Infinity.
I will put cool blue lights, incense smell, Tibetan meditation bell sound, focus on one thing-the real ultimate not just the driving but driven experience. Tesla is the master which will possess my mind and body and not even "Please make a U turn NOW" will deter from the mission. Boredom is abstract-realization is present. I will see my S85 in different light everyday. I will feel one with Tesla. I am Tesla and I am not boring.

It is over a year since I bought my model S. I love my Model S but am bored with the car! It is exceptional and practically flawless. Had only very minor problems that were corrected in an outstanding manner.
The current car is my 23rd car and my experience has been weird. I am mentally challenged by cars that give trouble often and bored by perfect cars-I don't like either extremes. Good cars (Two of my Lexuses and a Lincoln MKZ) bored me that I traded them just after a year.
I need cars that have hidden technological gizmos and gadgets and features that "pop up" periodically, to keep me excited. Or things that could be added-paint colors that automatically change progressively, new use for the display screen, better voice command, dashboard that comes alive ..

Do you also have this issue with woman? ;)

Last edited: