TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone bought a "raven" Model S in Australia?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ICUDoc, Jul 29, 2019.

1. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Easy question- anybody?

2. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

yeah, I suspect you're right- but that sounds like a long time since the last Model S was sold here!

3. one4spl

one4spl Luke Smith - https://TSL43.info

A friend has a P100D on order. He's been told it will be on the same boat as the first retail Model 3s - whenever that will be.

4. RobDickinson

RobDickinson Member

Official word on the boat is its the Marie celeste

• Funny x 3
  5. BenCS

BenCS Member

Searched on marinetraffic.com and nothing came up for Marie Celeste, where did you find that??

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

7. Hovean

Hovean Member

That's bizarre??

8. paulp

paulp Active Member

That might take a while, as they’ll need to either re-float or build her first.

9. Wol747

Wol747 Member

I've a Model S about to be built - how long does it take from build to arrival in the service centre?

10. malcolmpurvis

malcolmpurvis Member

IIRC it takes about 7-8 weeks from construction to delivery on the East Coast of Australia. The longest part is your car's 5 week boat ride across the Pacific and it will be the longest 5 weeks of your life.

11. Wol747

Wol747 Member

Thanks - as I thought. Tesla Australia is quoting it will be available end this month or early September. I guess that's the Fremont take, imagining that once it leaves the factory it'll be in the LA showroom next day!

12. paulp

paulp Active Member

Tesla australia recieve inventory cars all the time. If your order matches one of those then it will be allocated to you. Hence your order may already be on the way.

13. bbqluke

bbqluke Member

I have one on order. Expecting delivery in the next few weeks.

• Like x 1
  14. YMML

YMML New Member

That fits in with what I was told. I ordered a MX a few weeks ago (pretty standard configuration, LR, gray with white interior, 6 seats, 20 inch rims) and was told that my order would be "matched" to a car on a boat, rather than built specifically for me.

I ordered early July and was told late August/early September for delivery. Not sure if that ends up being pretty optimistic.

15. doctorwho

doctorwho Active Member

The Bermuda triangle?

16. Wol747

Wol747 Member

>>Tesla australia recieve inventory cars all the time. If your order matches one of those then it will be allocated to you. Hence your order may already be on the way.<<

If it is it's news to me!

After some ten years of wishing for a Tesla - starting with the roadster #1 - my order is in, and I'm wondering if I have done the sensible thing.

There are so many negative posts mostly on the American pages of poor - to the point of criminal - service that I do wonder.......

What has been the experience of owners here in Australia? Anyone?

17. RobDickinson

RobDickinson Member

Tesla is a large company growing fast selling tens of thousands of cars a month in USA there are going to be some balls dropped and those people are often vocal and gain attention.

If this was 1994 you wouldnt hear a thing about it.

18. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

A great deal better than any other vehicle type but not perfect.

19. bbqluke

bbqluke Member

I don't know. I ordered my Model S at the beginning of April, only for it to be delayed due to the upgrades.

My wife ordered an X in March. Neither of us have our vehicles yet. They ship on quarters, we understand that, however;

Over the last ~10 years we have bought new cars from Holden, Audi and Porsche and Tesla is BY FAR the worst service. Never have I dealt with a sales department who literally know nothing about vehicle timelines, shipping information etc. until the car is literally in their warehouse.

With both Audi and Porsche our cars were shipped from Germany and we were updated at least fortnightly through the process. We received calls to tell us 'it's on the boat', 'it's coming into Melbourne', 'it's coming through customs'.

When we call or email Tesla for an update 'Our ordering system is currently offline, we can't provide an update at the moment'.

In my opinion, Tesla have a unique product at the moment, so people who want a Tesla are generally willing to suffer through this. Once the other auto manufacturers catch up (whether traditional or startups) Tesla will have to lift their service game because I sure as *sugar* wouldn't buy another IF an alternative existed.

• Informative x 1
  20. Wol747

Wol747 Member

That's what I am afraid of.

There's a piece in today's London Telegraph (OK, a journalist, but....) with examples of people having to wait for 10 months for spares.

I suppose if you can play PacMan on the screen that's OK......