Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought a "raven" Model S in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IIRC it takes about 7-8 weeks from construction to delivery on the East Coast of Australia. The longest part is your car's 5 week boat ride across the Pacific and it will be the longest 5 weeks of your life.

Thanks - as I thought. Tesla Australia is quoting it will be available end this month or early September. I guess that's the Fremont take, imagining that once it leaves the factory it'll be in the LA showroom next day!

Thanks - as I thought. Tesla Australia is quoting it will be available end this month or early September. I guess that's the Fremont take, imagining that once it leaves the factory it'll be in the LA showroom next day!
Tesla australia recieve inventory cars all the time. If your order matches one of those then it will be allocated to you. Hence your order may already be on the way.

Tesla australia recieve inventory cars all the time. If your order matches one of those then it will be allocated to you. Hence your order may already be on the way.

That fits in with what I was told. I ordered a MX a few weeks ago (pretty standard configuration, LR, gray with white interior, 6 seats, 20 inch rims) and was told that my order would be "matched" to a car on a boat, rather than built specifically for me.

I ordered early July and was told late August/early September for delivery. Not sure if that ends up being pretty optimistic.

>>Tesla australia recieve inventory cars all the time. If your order matches one of those then it will be allocated to you. Hence your order may already be on the way.<<

If it is it's news to me!

After some ten years of wishing for a Tesla - starting with the roadster #1 - my order is in, and I'm wondering if I have done the sensible thing.

There are so many negative posts mostly on the American pages of poor - to the point of criminal - service that I do wonder.......

What has been the experience of owners here in Australia? Anyone?

>>Tesla australia recieve inventory cars all the time. If your order matches one of those then it will be allocated to you. Hence your order may already be on the way.<<

If it is it's news to me!

After some ten years of wishing for a Tesla - starting with the roadster #1 - my order is in, and I'm wondering if I have done the sensible thing.

There are so many negative posts mostly on the American pages of poor - to the point of criminal - service that I do wonder.......

What has been the experience of owners here in Australia? Anyone?
A great deal better than any other vehicle type but not perfect.

I don't know. I ordered my Model S at the beginning of April, only for it to be delayed due to the upgrades.

My wife ordered an X in March. Neither of us have our vehicles yet. They ship on quarters, we understand that, however;

Over the last ~10 years we have bought new cars from Holden, Audi and Porsche and Tesla is BY FAR the worst service. Never have I dealt with a sales department who literally know nothing about vehicle timelines, shipping information etc. until the car is literally in their warehouse.

With both Audi and Porsche our cars were shipped from Germany and we were updated at least fortnightly through the process. We received calls to tell us 'it's on the boat', 'it's coming into Melbourne', 'it's coming through customs'.

When we call or email Tesla for an update 'Our ordering system is currently offline, we can't provide an update at the moment'.

In my opinion, Tesla have a unique product at the moment, so people who want a Tesla are generally willing to suffer through this. Once the other auto manufacturers catch up (whether traditional or startups) Tesla will have to lift their service game because I sure as *sugar* wouldn't buy another IF an alternative existed.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx