TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone bought a "raven" Model S in Australia?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ICUDoc, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Catt

Catt New Member

Thanks. Tried this but no luck. I travelled through Sydney and visited the Tesla store to find out what was happening. This prompted a call from the delivery team who advised that no vehicle was yet assigned and delivery would likely be in October.

2. rioli33

rioli33 Member

My favourite Model S config! Hope to spot you on the roads.

3. Deece

Deece Member

Update on my black Raven XP: Received an email yesterday after poking my delivery agent, I have a delivery date (23/9), a VIN & an invoice, though none of this shows up in the Javascript...

• Like x 1
  4. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

Anyone reconsidering their purchase now that these "Plaid" Xs and Ss are coming out next year?

5. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I don’t think there is really anything in the pipeline.
    I think “plaid” is just Elon’s cheeky term for an over-spec’d motor for racing. Probably sacrificing longevity and reliability for a few extra kW.
    The Raven motors are the latest and greatest, and will probably be around for a few years. The original motors have been around for a few years.
    Having said that, Tesla is always improving things, so whenever you buy you can always find a reason to wish you’d waited. But then you’ll never get one!

6. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Yes I am, but I am reassured by the timeline. I'll enjoy this one knowing there's even better to come.
    I think I'll get at least 18 months out of the Raven- the Roadster is my next car assuming it's all it's cracked up to be. I'd rather keep a car three years plus, but I've been wanting the Roadster since that crazy unveiling video.

7. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

Yep that is pretty much where I have got to. Delivery on 30th. Cannot wait! Trying decent insurance is interesting though. CBA denied me because I had too many modifications. Those were the factory colour and wheels. Go figure.

• Funny x 1
  8. PJF000

PJF000 Member

When the Roadster arrives it will have Plaid. That was always going to happen. The "performance"version will have the Space X option.
    It makes sense that the S and X have a P version with Plaid. Not everyone wants a 2 seater, but most want the acceleration. Should also be substantially cheaper than the Roadster.

9. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Maybe, but my gut sense is that the “plaid” motor in the race car is just some custom over-volted P motor they put together to go for the record, and that the true “plaid” production motor doesn’t exist yet, and probably won’t for a year or so.

10. Zap Zap

Zap Zap Member

Yes I have one ordered but still unsure when it is arriving in Adelaide.
    Also have a model 3 coming but not sure which one will come first.....
    Have not had a Tesla for a while ( Sold my P100D a few months ago)
    so looking forward to having a new one to drive.

11. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Picking mine up in an hour (delivery brought forward TWICE by Tesla).
    [Sorry to those waiting so hard on their Model 3- don't wish to upset you...]
    Will report back.

• Like x 2
  12. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

I find it surprisingly unpleasant driving non-Teslas after having had one for a while. More unpleasant than i would have expected. I think it's the whole package, but especially the low-down torque, the quiet and the AP in traffic that i miss.

• Like x 1
  13. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

Full report please!

14. Zap Zap

Zap Zap Member

Agreed! I have a few cars to choose from ( currently driving a new S560 Coupe) but I love the Tesla S. Have had 7 of them ( and 2 Model X) so this is the first time in 5 years have not had access to at least one! Trying to get updates from delivery team has been difficult. I assume due to flood of Model 3 orders.

15. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

9 Tesla's? That's more than 1/yr on average. Is that right? How come if you don't mind me asking?

16. Zap Zap

Zap Zap Member

Ah..I am a bit of a car enthusiast and tend to play around a bit! Some of them were bought used in between waiting for new orders to arrive and I was also involved in starting a zero emmisions limo service in Adelaide ( which is still running now) so I had 4 at one time at one stage. I guess I just really like them....

• Like x 2
  17. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Just picked it up(first Raven in the country delivered, I think).
    DEFINITELY better built than my first two. Much better panel gaps- even and narrow, as they should always have been.
    Quieter, but PMSR motor whine at 20ks or less is louder. Or at least different.
    Many small changes in the plastics inside and out. All for the better- stronger and better fitted .Screen response is snappier , and camera seems better, more definition and contrast.
    Regent seems a little stronger than the P90D, but haven’t punched it year.
    AP calibrated in 15ks or so- works same as before so far.
    More comments to come.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  18. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

Awesome! Keep em coming! In short: Happy?

19. Tension

Tension Member

Looking forward to hearing about the suspension difference and how it can be manipulated.

20. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

He/she has been driving non stop and cannot log into internet ;)
    s