Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought a "raven" Model S in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am waiting on a Model X LR. Ordered mid July and have hidden VIN assigned.
No further updates on making payment or expected delivery.

We have a Model X LR and a S P100D since April/May, same situation. Melbourne deliveries not answering the phone or emails.

Do the VIN sequences on the S and X cars align with the 3s? Just trying to get an idea based on the work done in the other thread around timelines.

We have a Model X LR and a S P100D since April/May, same situation.

Ouch!

Mate that is a long time to wait, particularly through what must have been a crazy roller coaster ride of (1) is raven happening or not, (2) mine better be a raven, (3) whats this talk about a goddamn major refresh, (4) do I get the benefit of the price adjustments, (5) does mine also get unlimited supercharging or not etc.

My Tesla account is blank for some reason right now but I'll post back with my hidden VIN.

Ouch!

Mate that is a long time to wait, particularly through what must have been a crazy roller coaster ride of (1) is raven happening or not, (2) mine better be a raven, (3) whats this talk about a goddamn major refresh, (4) do I get the benefit of the price adjustments, (5) does mine also get unlimited supercharging or not etc.

My Tesla account is blank for some reason right now but I'll post back with my hidden VIN.

I actually don't mind the wait. When I originally ordered in April, I had a VIN after about 5 days, but then they announced the Raven so my order got set back. Fine, ultimately the upgrades are worth the wait. The problem for me is the lack of transparency. I understand they are flat out now with the 3's coming in, but Tesla this week have gone radio silent. Nobody answers the phone or emails. When you do speak to them they make up some excuse and really can't even provide rough dates.

Finally though I got a delivery date of 23 Sept for my S this morning. My wife's X is now October.

My S hidden VIN is 5YJSB7E48KF3329XX

I also noticed the Tesla website shat itself this morning (around midday) so perhaps things are moving along now.

Finally though I got a delivery date of 23 Sept for my S this morning. My wife's X is now October.

Did you have to call in to get an update on the timing? Wondering if I should bother doing the same to get some status update.

The X was initially meant to be for the wife as well, but after the sum mulling around decided that I'd commandeer the X for myself and downgrade the wife with an order for a 3.

Did you have to call in to get an update on the timing? Wondering if I should bother doing the same to get some status update.

The X was initially meant to be for the wife as well, but after the sum mulling around decided that I'd commandeer the X for myself and downgrade the wife with an order for a 3.

Melbourne Delivery called me this morning with an update on my S, but since they know we both ordered cars I asked about the X. I had tried calling the last few days, but their phone goes straight to voicemail.

• Informative
Reactions: Tigger
Similar story here. I ordered a Model S 100D on 9 May with estimated delivery end-August. No VIN assigned. No delivery date advised. No response from Melbourne delivery team.

Try this URL: view-source:http$://www.tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNXXXX

You will need to replace $ with s and RNXXX with your own reservation number. I was able to find my VIN that way after weeks of Hidden VIN status.

I order a MX LR on 9 July. The VIN I found through this method appears real based on the Model X orders database and was likely built the week after my order. Since finding my VIN last weekend I have since heard from Melbourne Delivery and my car is due on 24 September.

I have some information from a session with a Tesla rep this afternoon for folks who might be considering pulling the trigger on a performance raven S or X.

There is only one unassigned X on the way. It is literally the most expensive spec you can get. Blue. 22" wheels 6 seats with cream interior. If you want it go for it.

There are two remaining unassigned S on the way. One is white exterior 19" silver wheels and white carbon interior. The other is black but I did not inquire further as I do not like black.

All models are performance models. I did not inquire about long range. So yeah, 3 unassigned performance S/X ravens currently. Obviously, this information will go stale fast.

They did reiterate what others are being told - that prices are going up very soon 2 - 3% which is reflective of what the currency has done lately.

I bought a MSM performance with black carbon fiber interior. 21" wheels (which I would not have bought if I was willing to wait). Hope it's worth it!