Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought a used X through tesla.com?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Their wording regarding FSD is weird. So does the car actually come with FSD software enabled or does it mean it just have the FSD capability hardware and you have to fork out the extra $10k for FSD?
If it has FSD enabled then I think it's pricing would be competitive compared to Shift/carvana/vroom since their cars often will have fsd yanked from them once registered to new owner.

When it states that it has "Full Self Driving Capability" that means it's included/enabled. That is what currently costs the $10k.

MXFSD.jpg

I stalled in buying a used X from tesla, back when they had four year warranties, because I emailed them and their rep told me no I would have to pay for fsd. So obviously the confusion is rampant! Now that it only has a one-year warranty, there's less incentive to buy directly from the company.

I stalled in buying a used X from tesla, back when they had four year warranties, because I emailed them and their rep told me no I would have to pay for fsd. So obviously the confusion is rampant! Now that it only has a one-year warranty, there's less incentive to buy directly from the company.

All their cars come with FSD if it shows FSD capability on their listing. I picked up my X and confirmed it within the app.
If you're considering FSD/Uncorked acceleration prices into account, then buying from Tesla would be cheaper than 3rd party dealers and you still get the extra 1 year warranty.
My car, like most sold on Tesla, is previous lease-return so it is still in pretty good condition. I'm taking it in to have minor stuff fixed that the previous owner didn't care about since it was a lease, but overall very happy.

All their cars come with FSD if it shows FSD capability on their listing. I picked up my X and confirmed it within the app.
If you're considering FSD/Uncorked acceleration prices into account, then buying from Tesla would be cheaper than 3rd party dealers and you still get the extra 1 year warranty.
My car, like most sold on Tesla, is previous lease-return so it is still in pretty good condition. I'm taking it in to have minor stuff fixed that the previous owner didn't care about since it was a lease, but overall very happy.
I bought my 2017 X in May 2020. At that time, there were Xs listed as Full Self Driving Capability and others that just said Autopilot Hardware (or something like that). So there were ones WITH the FSD and those WITHOUT it. It appears that all vehicles with AP Hardware 2, 2.5, or 3 come with FSD included now, when purchased through Tesla.com. I was lucky enough to get FSD, Free Supercharging and the 4-year/50k warranty.

Before placing your order, be sure to request pictures or at least attempt to get pictures of the vehicle. I purchased a MX a few months ago and was told they no longer provide pictures of the used vehicles. I took the plunge but didn't feel good while I waited to see what I would receive. When the vehicle arrived, it had scratches with major wear and tear so I refused delivery (forfeiting the $1500 deposit). I ended up going with a 2017 MX 6 seater FSD sold by owner in perfect condition with full warranty from onlyusedtesla.com.