Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought from Tesla Shop using Crypto?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lord Farquad

2022 MYLR W/B/20s/Tow bar. Previously 2021 M3SR+
Aug 20, 2021
North West
Has anyone bought from the Tesla Shop using Crypto? I ordered a product and paid with Dodgecoin but despite getting a confirmation screen the order was never processed and I had to chase them for a refund. They just stated “something went wrong”. I know they got the crypto and they eventually refunded it.

So I’ve tried again and can see they’ve received the payment. But again I’ve had no order email confirmation and the order number doesn’t track.

Has anyone actually managed to make this work??

Has anyone bought from the Tesla Shop using Crypto? I ordered a product and paid with Dodgecoin but despite getting a confirmation screen the order was never processed and I had to chase them for a refund. They just stated “something went wrong”. I know they got the crypto and they eventually refunded it.

So I’ve tried again and can see they’ve received the payment. But again I’ve had no order email confirmation and the order number doesn’t track.

Looks like that's the only thing on the site using DOGE, I would assume that its a mistake especially as it makes it about £90 compared to the £125, you have to be lucky to get items paid with normal money, adding crypto makes it even harder with zero consumer protection

Yes, tried twice in the last month to order a M3 1:18 - both times they stated "the order didn't appear to go through"...

Had order numbers both times but nothing appeared in my order history. They refunded the Dogecoin twice so I've given up. No idea why you can't just buy it with £ like everything else.

Reactions: Lord Farquad