Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS tires yet? 70k warranty!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't get traction until about 50mph with the Pirelli Cinturato P7.

They'll break loose at 30 mph on dry pavement. They're fun in that regard I suppose.

I won't buy them again. With around 32k on them they are starting to get noisy.

The lack of traction of these Pirellis at low speeds is a bit concerning to me, since I was considering these tires for my P85D. I currently have the 19" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 and while they work pretty well I can still feel loss of traction when launching about half of the time.

I'm wondering if I should dump all-seasons and go with summer tires. If I were to do so, any recommendations for good 19" tires that don't sacrifice too much ride comfort and quietness?

I have 19" Michelin PS3 summer tires on my PD. Somewhat subjective, but they have really increased my enjoyment of the car itself. Awesome grip and handling, great road feel, and quiet. Also LRR so average wh/mi is down about 20 so far, as far as I can tell. Of course, these are more expensive and I'd be happy to get 12-13k miles out of them, but they will split time with dedicated winter tires. I highly recommend them if you don't mind having a separate summer and winter setup.

I have 19" Michelin PS3 summer tires on my PD. Somewhat subjective, but they have really increased my enjoyment of the car itself. Awesome grip and handling, great road feel, and quiet. Also LRR so average wh/mi is down about 20 so far, as far as I can tell. Of course, these are more expensive and I'd be happy to get 12-13k miles out of them, but they will split time with dedicated winter tires. I highly recommend them if you don't mind having a separate summer and winter setup.

Uh I got 35k on mine...would have got more if my damn bushings didn't go bad on the rear upper control arms.

the lack of traction of these pirellis at low speeds is a bit concerning to me, since i was considering these tires for my p85d. I currently have the 19" michelin pilot sport a/s 3 and while they work pretty well i can still feel loss of traction when launching about half of the time.

I'm wondering if i should dump all-seasons and go with summer tires. If i were to do so, any recommendations for good 19" tires that don't sacrifice too much ride comfort and quietness?

dont do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great feedback on the Cinturatos at TM Forums. I've already ordered mine.

that's too bad. I slide A LOT with them.

It's interesting to me how some Model S owners have great experiences with this tire, yet others not so much. Perhaps a lot has to do with driving style?

I may have missed a post, but everyone in this thread complaining about them seems to have a P while those liking them seem to have a S. Perhaps the performance difference is enough to "break away" the tire?

I may have missed a post, but everyone in this thread complaining about them seems to have a P while those liking them seem to have a S. Perhaps the performance difference is enough to "break away" the tire?

This. I have a 60 and others with regular 85s seem to really like them...P85 owners not so much (insane amount of torque on rear tires). I'm curious what the experience is like with an AWD model...maybe the P7s would be fine for that since the traction is spread out a bit more evenly.

I have an S85 and the tires have pretty poor traction at low speed when you mash on the pedal. Lots of squeaking and squealing. I am hoping they improve once worn in. Other than that they are great.

This would make sense, thank you. I think Discount Tire has a guarantee, so if I don't like them I can switch them to something else.

My S85 is in the shop right now but I am seriously considering returning the P7's and I bought them at the local Discount Tire. Can anyone chime in on their personal experience with trying to return tires? Do you get full credit for the return or is it prorated?

I returned a set of Pirelli tires for full credit (Not the ones we are discussing here) and replaced them with Primacies. I believe there is thirty days to return them. I didn't wait that long.