Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS tires yet? 70k warranty!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To add an update to my warranty claims on these tires, Pirelli won't warranty them out until they are 3/32 or less. They are just at 5/32 right now and I don't feel comfortable driving in the rain with them, now. I've been taking road trips and that last 2/32nd of rubber appear to be a harder compound. I have less than 20k miles on these and they REALLY need replacement. I've got the GYE RS-A2s ready to be swapped on at Discount Tire.

Anyone losing grip w/the P7's on a 85D/90D on launch? I skimmed the thread but couldnt pick up any 85D owners. From this thread it's fairly obvious the P7's can't handle a P85/P85D.

edit- Wow, I think I went through every post/sig and couldn't find even one 85D owner. Everyone is either S85 or P85/P85D. Go figure.

Anyone losing grip w/the P7's on a 85D/90D on launch? I skimmed the thread but couldnt pick up any 85D owners. From this thread it's fairly obvious the P7's can't handle a P85/P85D.

edit- Wow, I think I went through every post/sig and couldn't find even one 85D owner. Everyone is either S85 or P85/P85D. Go figure.

Probably because most 85D have been out for just barely a year or less so few are likely looking for tire replacements already...

Good point. I'm no physics whiz, but the 85D should have less chance of slipping on launch than the S85 b/c the front is pulling as well correct?
Correct as long as the total power is the same. As power increases the chance for individual wheel slip increases, however due to the four points of contact, the total slippage of the vehicle should be reduced.

I finally got the Pirelli P7 and so pretty happy with it. Grip seems just fine. Maybe it's a little less than the Goodyear or Primacy MXM, but my driving style is not testing out any limits. The Michelin lasted 60k miles for me so these Pirelli tires should last at least that long.
Any specific thoughts on the feel or the ambient noise of the vehicle pre- and post-installation of the P7's?

they are getting louder as they get lower on tread.

I highly recommend that nobody put these on a P car. I won't buy them ever again.

How do I invoke the warranty? I barely even have 40k on them and I'm almost done with them. Can I get something else?

I can't get traction until about 50mph with the Pirelli Cinturato P7.
Elaborate? How do you reach 50mph with no traction?

- - - Updated - - -

Request: Would like to hear some P85D feedback on these 19s when available.

I'm currently running on the OEM Michelin MXM4s which probably have a few months left (few/no track events in winter ;) ).

Elaborate? How do you reach 50mph with no traction?

- - - Updated - - -

Request: Would like to hear some P85D feedback on these 19s when available.

I'm currently running on the OEM Michelin MXM4s which probably have a few months left (few/no track events in winter ;) ).

Really?

If I turn off TC, you're right I don't get to 50 before there's a cloud of tire smoke.

With TC on, it'll accelerate as fast as the TC will let it, but it will be sliding, hopping, spinning till at least 50mph if I keep my foot flat to the floor from 0mph.

Really?

If I turn off TC, you're right I don't get to 50 before there's a cloud of tire smoke.

With TC on, it'll accelerate as fast as the TC will let it, but it will be sliding, hopping, spinning till at least 50mph if I keep my foot flat to the floor from 0mph.

Agree. I am using only the first 50% of pedal travel up to about 15-20 mph before feeling like I can press a bit deeper. The tires probably add about 1-2 seconds to 60 mph.

The good news, is the tires have stopped me from driving like an a$$h0!e.

Next go around I will be thinking Conti...6DWS - but I am ok with the P7s as a compromise for the winter months for the next 3 or 4 years.

Yay! I finally got these Pirellis off my car and swapped on the GY Eagle RS-A2s. I was able to get all four of them worn down to under 4/32nds for the full warranty. They lasted maaaybe 19k miles out of the 70k warranty. I was able to claim half of the warranty money for them, as well. The GY tires were on sale for $111 each and I have a friend that gave me four $20 off rebate coupons, so $91 each.

I loved them when they had tread on them, but it didn't last long. I don't ever want to mess with tire wear warranty, again. It made it where I didn't feel safe driving in the rain, and man we had a bunch of it here, recently.

If the Pirellis claimed to be 20k mile tires, I'd be fine with them in the future.

Yay! I finally got these Pirellis off my car and swapped on the GY Eagle RS-A2s. I was able to get all four of them worn down to under 4/32nds for the full warranty. They lasted maaaybe 19k miles out of the 70k warranty. I was able to claim half of the warranty money for them, as well. The GY tires were on sale for $111 each and I have a friend that gave me four $20 off rebate coupons, so $91 each.

I loved them when they had tread on them, but it didn't last long. I don't ever want to mess with tire wear warranty, again. It made it where I didn't feel safe driving in the rain, and man we had a bunch of it here, recently.

If the Pirellis claimed to be 20k mile tires, I'd be fine with them in the future.

Interesting. I've got 17k on mine and am at 8/32. I prefer the Pirellis over the RS-A2s in every way. Those lasted me 27k miles, so the pirellis should far out last that for me.

Interesting. I've got 17k on mine and am at 8/32. I prefer the Pirellis over the RS-A2s in every way. Those lasted me 27k miles, so the pirellis should far out last that for me.

yea while i'm still not a fan of the Pirelli's because of their lack of dry traction, I've got to be at like 15k or 16k miles on them now and i'm also at 8/32". Me thinks you have some other alignment issue if you got them down to 4/32" in 19k miles...

yea while i'm still not a fan of the Pirelli's because of their lack of dry traction, I've got to be at like 15k or 16k miles on them now and i'm also at 8/32". Me thinks you have some other alignment issue if you got them down to 4/32" in 19k miles...

I go in for the annual service in a week or so and they'll align it. I'll report back here if I can see what the alignment was, before.