Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Replica r241 19x9.5 for their new Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we get a close up of 19x8.5 so we can see the differences between 8.5 and 9.5?

There's only 2 differences. The rim is one inch narrower (you won't be able to see the diff in a pic unless someone has a 9.5 and and 8.5 with no tire on it) and the offset is available in 45, 40 and 35 (stock is 45 and most opt for 40, which means it sticks out 5mm more). Here' s pic of the stock gemini 19 x 9.5 vs a Replika R241 19x8.5. Tire size is the same. The stock wheel looks larger since it's closer to camera. The only real diff that's barely visible is if you run a straight edge along the outside of the OEM wheel the straight edge is up against the metal of the rim. If you run it along the 8.5 wide aftermarket rim, it's up against the rubber of the tire which will help reduce curb rash.
IMG_7841.JPG
IMG_7845.JPG
IMG_7846.JPG

Has anyone noticed any difference in range after installing these tires? They are lighter than Gemini wheels.
I plan to use replika R241 in Satin Black for my summer tires.
I used the stock Gemini wheels for my winter tires.

I already have tires that I removed from Gemini wheels.
I was thinking of using R241, 19x 9.5. +45 offset. Load ratings for these wheels is 1808 lbs. Is it sufficient?
I have seen 104W mentioned for load index and speed rating. 104 load index is 1984 lbs which is higher than rating for replika wheels. Will this be problem?

I saw discussion in this thread where 8.5 vs 9.5 was discussed.
I was not sure if 8.5 was preferred for snow or summer tires.
Would you choose 8.5 or 9.5 for summer tires?
I think the default tries that came with Gemini wheels will fit both 8.5 and 9.5.
I will use these wheels in spring and I want to make sure I buy tires that will fit.

I like the look of black wheels. I am fine with any other black wheels that will not result in significant range reduction.

There is a boxing day sale so I am hoping to order them today.

Has anyone noticed any difference in range after installing these tires? They are lighter than Gemini wheels.
I plan to use replika R241 in Satin Black for my summer tires.
I used the stock Gemini wheels for my winter tires.

I already have tires that I removed from Gemini wheels.
I was thinking of using R241, 19x 9.5. +45 offset. Load ratings for these wheels is 1808 lbs. Is it sufficient?
I have seen 104W mentioned for load index and speed rating. 104 load index is 1984 lbs which is higher than rating for replika wheels. Will this be problem?

I saw discussion in this thread where 8.5 vs 9.5 was discussed.
I was not sure if 8.5 was preferred for snow or summer tires.
Would you choose 8.5 or 9.5 for summer tires?
I think the default tries that came with Gemini wheels will fit both 8.5 and 9.5.
I will use these wheels in spring and I want to make sure I buy tires that will fit.

I like the look of black wheels. I am fine with any other black wheels that will not result in significant range reduction.

There is a boxing day sale so I am hoping to order them today.
Be sure that any wheels you want to use meet the Tesla Model Y gross axle weight rating (GAWR) specifications: (Source: Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual, page 182.)

GAWR Front (all tires): 3005 lbs
GAWR Rear (19"): 3607 lbs
GAWR Rear (20"): 3307 lbs
GAWR Rear (21") 3505 lbs

The Replika 19" R241 wheel with a load rating of 1808 lbs (X2 = 3616 lbs) appears to meet the Model Y's GAWR for 19" wheels for the rear axle.

There's only 2 differences. The rim is one inch narrower (you won't be able to see the diff in a pic unless someone has a 9.5 and and 8.5 with no tire on it) and the offset is available in 45, 40 and 35 (stock is 45 and most opt for 40, which means it sticks out 5mm more). Here' s pic of the stock gemini 19 x 9.5 vs a Replika R241 19x8.5. Tire size is the same. The stock wheel looks larger since it's closer to camera. The only real diff that's barely visible is if you run a straight edge along the outside of the OEM wheel the straight edge is up against the metal of the rim. If you run it along the 8.5 wide aftermarket rim, it's up against the rubber of the tire which will help reduce curb rash.View attachment 623567 View attachment 623568 View attachment 623569
amazing thanks for the response
you're right not much difference

I believe finding tires for 8.5 is easier than 9.5?

amazing thanks for the response
you're right not much difference

I believe finding tires for 8.5 is easier than 9.5?

Not really, you should be using the same size tire regardless of rim. The 9.5 would allow for the use of a wider tire than what could fit on the 8.5 but you'd have to worry about physical fit (rubbing), ride and reduced efficiency. A narrower tire could be used on the 8.5 but would be severely limited by the need for a high load rating (104) tire. Safest to just use the standard 255/45/19 size

• Informative
Reactions: mwdietertg
Not really, you should be using the same size tire regardless of rim. The 9.5 would allow for the use of a wider tire than what could fit on the 8.5 but you'd have to worry about physical fit (rubbing), ride and reduced efficiency. A narrower tire could be used on the 8.5 but would be severely limited by the need for a high load rating (104) tire. Safest to just use the standard 255/45/19 size
Cool Thanks

What diameter and width wheels did you end up going with? I'm in Reno myself, and was looking to get a similar setup with more meat on the tires for ice/snow.

I went with 245/50/19 Hakka R3s on the 19x9.5" wheels. I was going to get the 8.5", but the company was sold out. Had to special order the tires, too - there weren't a lot of choices in pure snow tires available in sizes that fit the 18" or 19" diameter wheels.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
thanks - satin black ordered online. I used partsengine.ca. First time using them but went well. Ordered Sunday had them Tuesday in Montreal. Kept TPMS from the OEM Gemini wheels. The center caps ordered off Amazon - black matches perfectly.

now to wait for good deals on winter tires and for clarity on Model Y TPMS!
Can you tell me which black center caps did you order from Amazon?

Thanks

There's only 2 differences. The rim is one inch narrower (you won't be able to see the diff in a pic unless someone has a 9.5 and and 8.5 with no tire on it) and the offset is available in 45, 40 and 35 (stock is 45 and most opt for 40, which means it sticks out 5mm more). Here' s pic of the stock gemini 19 x 9.5 vs a Replika R241 19x8.5. Tire size is the same. The stock wheel looks larger since it's closer to camera. The only real diff that's barely visible is if you run a straight edge along the outside of the OEM wheel the straight edge is up against the metal of the rim. If you run it along the 8.5 wide aftermarket rim, it's up against the rubber of the tire which will help reduce curb rash.View attachment 623567 View attachment 623568 View attachment 623569
Awesome illustration and pics! Shows the benefits of the 8.5s!
Have you noticed any difference in handling between the stock gemini and 8.5 replika?

Thx for all the info guys I ended up ordering the r241 19x8.5s matte black. I sure hope they are not backordered like others are saying because Chris white from aftermarket ev told me they are in stock and ready to drop ship from Canada.
I went with Michelin alpin 5 s from Costco and those are inbound. Separate tpms from Tesla (they make ordering so easy....) they are ready to pick up the same day I ordered.
I’m hoping the oem lug nuts work fine Bc that’s what the aftermarket ev website says

Thx for all the info guys I ended up ordering the r241 19x8.5s matte black. I sure hope they are not backordered like others are saying because Chris white from aftermarket ev told me they are in stock and ready to drop ship from Canada.
I went with Michelin alpin 5 s from Costco and those are inbound. Separate tpms from Tesla (they make ordering so easy....) they are ready to pick up the same day I ordered.
I’m hoping the oem lug nuts work fine Bc that’s what the aftermarket ev website says

that’s good news.
are they the 64.1 hubcentric version ?