Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought the screen swivel from Teslamize on Ebay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks super nice! No leather cover, no exposed wires or bolts, and only $190!

s-l500.jpg

that looks so nice i preordered the 2021+ model 3 one. I really want something like this but the existing kits with a shroud made of leather are just meh.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Overall, the price was what won me over and I used this as an opportunity to route & hide cables under my dashboard. Regardless of which item you purchase, I highly recommend getting the swiveling screen upgrade if you hate reaching for the monitor or you want the driver seat more centralized

If you have any questions, just let me know

Good luck :cool:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Overall, the price was what won me over and I used this as an opportunity to route & hide cables under my dashboard. Regardless of which item you purchase, I highly recommend getting the swiveling screen upgrade if you hate reaching for the monitor or you want the driver seat more centralized

If you have any questions, just let me know

Good luck :cool:
how much does it lower the screen?

@atl_joe

I’ve got an IPhone X. Can you see your whole phone (I.e. top of phone) while sitting in the drivers seat or is it partially blocked in the charger with the aforementioned 1.5-2” lowering of the screen? Photo of Phone in cradle from drivers perspective? With screen swiveled left, right, straight? Thanks!

Ski

Hi Everyone,
My name is Sam and I am the founder of Teslamize.com. I apologize for the screen swivel being on backorder - I anticipated it having a good reception, but did not order nearly enough to keep in stock. The backstory to this mount is a supplier I was working with to bring in the initial items for Teslamize.com reached out and said they had this brand new swivel design that doesn't use the usual leather cover. So I bought a few units, not realizing how fast they would go once the public got word.

That being said, I have a 2021 Model 3 and am myself stuck waiting for final production on that variant. I can try to answer any questions you may have, but some questions I may have to leave for buyers who have gotten the Model 3 2017-2020 variant installed.

As always, I definitely appreciate any feedback on the swivel design itself - I will push this to the supplier if any corrections need to be made to the design. I ended up being the person who initially let them know that the 2021 Model 3 and Model Y had an updated location for the sensor - thus causing the 2 month delay in release of that version. Luckily, its a small revision and both variants look almost identical to the Model 3 2017-2020.

@atl_joe

I’ve got an IPhone X. Can you see your whole phone (I.e. top of phone) while sitting in the drivers seat or is it partially blocked in the charger with the aforementioned 1.5-2” lowering of the screen? Photo of Phone in cradle from drivers perspective? With screen swiveled left, right, straight? Thanks!

Ski

I have an iPhone 12 so I think our situation is comparable. Depending on your height, the top of the phone may be slightly covered by the bottom of the monitor but you'll have most of the vision of the screen:

P4090789.JPG
P4090791.JPG
P4090790.JPG

Sorry for the close up, I only have one lens for my camera. I have a phone dock to the left of my steering wheel so I can't comment on the experience of using the phone when it's on the wireless charger (I only have it installed for passengers)

Last edited:
Reactions: Skione65
I have an iPhone 12 so I think our situation is comparable. Depending on your height, the top of the phone may be slightly covered by the bottom of the monitor but you'll have most of the vision of the screen:

View attachment 652528View attachment 652529 View attachment 652527

Sorry for the close up, I only have one lens for my camera. I have a phone dock to the left of my steering wheel so I can't comment on the experience of using the phone when it's on the wireless charger (I only have it installed for passengers)
Appreciate the follow up! Thank You!

Ski

Reactions: atl_joe
@atl_joe For the tiny gap - did you have a solution that worked for you to get it flush? I have an email out to the supplier as well to see if they have any suggestions.
I'm wondering if a small amount of this would hold it flush: Amazon.com: 3M VHB Tape 4646, 1/8" x 5 yards, 1 roll: Industrial & Scientific
(or any similar type product - maybe 1/4" version)
I'm sorry for the delayed response

One thing I noticed is that the cover makes contact with the original bolts resulting it the entire cover not being able to lift higher in order to be flush to the dashboard trim piece:
yDOdueUA.jpeg

Without modifying the cover, I opted to add shims to the top of their bracket to lift the cover. I used left over gasket for my smoker but I think 3M tape or wood would work:
kPxztrMA.jpeg

I layered it up more in the rear but it depends on the overall fitment relatively to your car. Just keep adding material, pop in the dashboard to check the gap, and repeat until you get a look you're comfortable with (the center is easy, it's the sides that takes a bit of work, especially if you're using a soft material like I did):
dsDrKwFQ.jpeg

From the perspective of the driver side, I never see the cover unless I have my face to the steering wheel. The passenger is more prone to seeing any gaps. Unfortunately, it seems that the cover is biased towards the driver side if we're talking about the clips snapping in so I had to add more shims on the passenger side to compensate. Another thing that is the larger gap in the side of the cover on their side too, it looks worse the larger the gap is on top:
uYV8pVww.jpeg
ptPuqjwg.jpeg

In the case of the 2020 Model 3, there's a lot of space to play so they can be less accurate with the cut and I think it'll be alright.

For the price of the unit, it solved my problem of not having a swiveling screen. For the fitment, you can solve it (mostly) but you'll have to finesse. I'd buy it again :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: mrau