Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased new inventory MX in February. Saleswoman searched local inventory (Chicago area) and found an exact match of what I wanted. Few thousand off of list price. Paperwork initially stated "50" miles on car, but it was explained to me that that was just a placeholder on the forms. When car arrived it had about 600 miles.

I just received mine yesterday which was from inventory! 600 miles on it and it seems brand new. No complaints yet, and a very enjoyable experience. You get it at a discount and you don’t have to wait a month for it to arrive! Great system

But: don’t get it from inventory if it’s not the one you want. If you really like the 100d, it might be worth it to pull the trigger. All preference at that point.

My experience with buying inventory was great, and if you can find the right one for you it is really nice. Confirmed my purchase over the weekend and had it by Tuesday.
I've custom ordered one Raven MX with FSD and center console. Few questions on buying an Inventory model X: Do we have to negotiate the price? Can I get a second row center console aftermarket and get it installed? When will the Tesla's own insurance program kick in? Thx

I just got ours two weeks ago.10/18 build P100D with 22 miles on it. There was some wear on the interior and a scratched trim piece on the outside that I already replaced. The wear was very minimal. The discount was big enough that we couldn’t a pass it up. We are really happy with it so far. I’m thinking this is probably the only way I’m going to buy them in the future. Whatever you choose I’m sure your going to be really happy with the MX.

I just got ours two weeks ago.10/18 build P100D with 22 miles on it. There was some wear on the interior and a scratched trim piece on the outside that I already replaced. The wear was very minimal. The discount was big enough that we couldn’t a pass it up. We are really happy with it so far. I’m thinking this is probably the only way I’m going to buy them in the future. Whatever you choose I’m sure your going to be really happy with the MX.

What discount did you get?
I'm in the market and looking for one right now.

What discount did you get?
I'm in the market and looking for one right now.

I had a 3/18 build P100D X new demo car picked up last day of the quarter June 2019 and qualified for the $3750 tax credit. It had white interior, 6 seater, FSD, 22 inch wheels. Got it for $82k and the original sticker price when it was released was $161k, but MSRP has dropped significantly. These inventory demo deals are rare but can be incredible deals if you get lucky. My car had 1 wheel rash but was a $60 fix. The car also had 2k miles on it from test drives. It was March 2018 build and it had MCU1 which was the biggest con.
Besides that I feel I had an incredible deal.

I had a 3/18 build P100D X new demo car picked up last day of the quarter June 2019 and qualified for the $3750 tax credit. It had white interior, 6 seater, FSD, 22 inch wheels. Got it for $82k and the original sticker price when it was released was $161k, but MSRP has dropped significantly. These inventory demo deals are rare but can be incredible deals if you get lucky. My car had 1 wheel rash but was a $60 fix. The car also had 2k miles on it from test drives. It was March 2018 build and it had MCU1 which was the biggest con.
Besides that I feel I had an incredible deal.

I think it was around 40,000 off. We got it for 79200. It’s a P100D 6 seat with 22 inch wheels standard autopilot. Good luck

Holy moly!
The biggest discount I've seen this quarter is around $4k which barely makes sense to go after. I was told that the days of huge discounts are gone....but it sounds like there are still some crazy deals out there.

New inventory all the way! I found the highest mileage new inventory car I've ever seen. P100D service loaner with over 10K miles! It also had some rear lift gate damage that was repaired. The discount was unbelievable (over 40%) and I bought it sight unseen. Like you I had concerns about wear and tear, white seats, and battery. It was perfect except for some minor curb rash on one wheel. I'm extremely happy with the decision and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

New inventory all the way! I found the highest mileage new inventory car I've ever seen. P100D service loaner with over 10K miles! It also had some rear lift gate damage that was repaired. The discount was unbelievable (over 40%) and I bought it sight unseen. Like you I had concerns about wear and tear, white seats, and battery. It was perfect except for some minor curb rash on one wheel. I'm extremely happy with the decision and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Did they let you lease it?

Did they let you lease it?

Yes I believe the option was there at purchase but I opted to buy it so I'm not 100% sure. The car had never been titled so everything was as if the car was new (tax credit, warranty). I'm curious how they would calculate the lease. I'll be looking at leasing our next Tesla and I'd love to target another new inventory car.

My car was only test drivin once at Palo Alto store, so very few miles, pristine white/on/white, has been a great car, very few issues. I got no discount except State & Fed credits ($10k). But cannot recommend the 75D, because I already moved from 90D to current car. You'll wanna do trips and be comfortable w/range.