TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone buy a Squaretrade warranty for the blackvue?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by viper2ko, Jun 8, 2018.

1. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

I've heard Blackvue's 1 year warranty is only valid when purchased from like 2 authorized resellers. Looking into squaretrade but can't tell which category to pick.

2. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

3. ramesses

ramesses Member

Pardon my ignorance but what is blackvue?

4. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

SquareTrade is pretty good and responsive. As to OP's question, I'd just chat or email them. I had a question about what category and they answered it quickly. From looking at the site, you probably want Misc Electronics, but I'd just ask.

I have coverage on a couple of non-standard things, like Tivo DVRs, etc.

6. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

One thing to consider Viper there are some credit cards that give you additional warranties for free.

7. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

I wouldnt buy it. A friend of mine has one and I think its over 5 years old. Its still working! Mind you this is in a topless jeep and its been sitting in the sun all these years. I was pretty shocked and impressed.