Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone buy the $2000 Acceleration Boost for M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have June 2019 AWD Model 3. I purchased the upgrade. It does cut 0.5 from the 0 to 60.

I don't feel any difference 0-30 portion. But I feel a big difference in the 30-60 range. People with tools that measure the acceleration say the improvement is across the full range but I only feel it in the second half.

IMO it is worth it.

Here's a spreadsheet I made recently for some comparisons between the LR AWD and P at the various power levels they've been available at-most data from owners who've posted draggy data logs, though a couple are from other sources (and the power data is from WUGZ canbus logs from reddit)

LRAWDPOWER.png

The second 5% bump wasn't a purchase. Tesla rolled them out in two different software updates at no cost.

As for OP's question, I purchased it last week for my 2020 LR AWD. I've driven both this and the performance, and while the performance is quicker, i don't regret the speed boost. I can't imagine going back, and like many others, I'd love if they gave us the option for the extra boost to get to 'stealth' levels in the future.

I'm not sure of the technicalities, but with Wugz findings I'm hoping it's possible since he the rear motor peak power was technically reduced with this acceleration boost. I don't know how it would work in conjunction with the front motor, but in theory there should be some room left even with the 990 motor in the newer cars.