Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone buy their vehicle after the lease was done?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I just ordered my model S under a lease and am waiting for it to be built. Has anyone here purchased their vehicle after their lease was up? How did it go? Was it worth it? Do you get a fair price? Did you have to pay more than the car was worth? Since I traded in my old car to be able to afford the model s, I hoping that owning it is financially possible when I am done.

Highly unlikely anyone bought their car after their lease was up. Tesla adds the $7500 Federal Tax rebate to the backend residual and does not discount off if you opt to buy the car at the end. So in reality, you end up paying an extra $7500 for your car over having purchased it and taking that $7500 tax credit yourself.

IMHO, those that lease, will return and re-lease something new after their 24/36 month terms are up.

Highly unlikely anyone bought their car after their lease was up. Tesla adds the $7500 Federal Tax rebate to the backend residual and does not discount off if you opt to buy the car at the end. So in reality, you end up paying an extra $7500 for your car over having purchased it and taking that $7500 tax credit yourself.

IMHO, those that lease, will return and re-lease something new after their 24/36 month terms are up.

Good advice. I will probably look at the model 3 in two years.