Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone buy there's through their own company? [In the UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally received my V5C through and whilst through the registration process with Tesla I had my name and the companies name it appears only the company's name is on the V5C.

Should this be a problem when not taking "business insurance" ?

Speaking with insurers they seemed to think if you are the business then personal insurance is fine so long as you add the business use option which I have done but equally i'm concerned no mention of my personal name on the V5 is a problem?!?!

Any advice would be good :)

I purchased mine under the company name and did commercial insurance through the business. Title, insurance, and registration show only company name.

My insurance company would not allow me to have it on my personal policy while it was registered to the business

I purchased mine through my company. I spoke to Admiral customer service through email to get confirmation on my setup to ensure my cover was correct.

I would recommend doing the same as many standard insurance companies on comparison sites didn't seem to allow the company to be the registered keeper.

Not being the keeper or the owner is normal if you lease or pcp so it is still posible to insure in your own name. In my case admiral wanted £50 more though than if I was the keeper. So I got the v5 fixed instead.
I bought it cash through my business. Seems my current had an option to amend the “keeper” and what relation it was to me so I’ve changed it as business being the keeper and relationship being a company vehicle. Extra £150 but not quite as bad as business insurance etc..

Reactions: greenbottle123
Also purchased cash via company. Company details on the invoice to prove ownership. Registered personally as I'm the driver and paying the BIK.

I looked into this and lots of others thought this was the best solution.

It would be best to update the V5C and show you as the registered keeper if it's not a PURE company car (I,e. Taxi, limo service etc).

Reactions: greenbottle123
Also purchased cash via company. Company details on the invoice to prove ownership. Registered personally as I'm the driver and paying the BIK.

It would be best to update the V5C and show you as the registered keeper if it's not a PURE company car (I,e. Taxi, limo service etc).
I’m doing this too. Had the car since August ‘19 and renewed insurance a couple of times with different providers - all personal policies, all aware of situation, all fine.

Thanks, does seem to contradict itself depending on where you look. Registered keeper as per my insurance is the owner which in reality is the business asset so think updating insurance to this and leaving the V5 seems to have done the trick for now

Seems unnecessary to add an additional owner for the purpose of updating the V5C to see personal name as the registered keeper if the insurance company is happy with the company being the registered keeper but the policy being under personal name.

Reactions: Rooster6655