Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone care to debunk this article?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10 Reasons Why Electric Drive Is Stranded On The Bleeding Edge Of Transportation Technology - Seeking Alpha

I really think we should make a special topic devoted to debunking misconceptions about EVs, where people can post articles they find that do a poor job representing reality.

This guy tries to claim that EVs are simply a fad technology, and tries to use a chart to predict a leveling out effect among how consumers will respond. He also tried to claim that there will be no improvement in efficiency, and that those who think there will be have been lied to by companies promoting propaganda. I find it concerning that someone with as much "Pull" as this guy are publishing such dribble. Anyone care to help with a comprehensive debunking of this guys logic. It especially concerns me that he incorrectly promotes the incorrect view that electric cars produce no benefit to the environment, and are actually more inefficient than ICE cars.

Last edited:
I really think we should make a special topic devoted to debunking misconceptions about EVs, where people can post articles they find that do a poor job representing reality.

Try looking under the *Media* section...there's more than a few threads like this.

Or read through the *More anti-ev gibberish* thread that now stretches to 58 pages....

BTW, John Peterson has advocated shorting TSLA and wouldn't be sad to see his own predictions come true.

Last edited:
Also note that when Brian Keez does a point by point rebuttal mister Axiom decides to not answer just through out an insult. I dare say that is because hi's argumentes are just shallow pushing of his prefered stock.

Cobos

Interesting revelation in the comments, where John Petersen states:

So, all is now revealed -- John's perspective isn't shaped by his battery position, but his pension funds sitting at some big oil company. This helps me understand his EV positions so much more clearly.

If you read his Blog at his own website you get some additional insight into the man. He recounts horrible investor fraud at a battery company (the one that ultimately morphed into his favoured Axion) and the subsequent legal suit-fest. I am sure that for all his surface rationality this has left him with some deep underlying animosities to all things battery. Ener-del and others then helped to reinforce these feelings.

10 Reasons Why Electric Drive Is Stranded On The Bleeding Edge Of Transportation Technology - Seeking Alpha

This guy tries to claim that EVs are simply a fad technology, and tries to use a chart to predict a leveling out effect among how consumers will respond. He also tried to claim that there will be no improvement in efficiency, and that those who think there will be have been lied to by companies promoting propaganda. I find it concerning that someone with as much "Pull" as this guy are publishing such dribble. Anyone care to help with a comprehensive debunking of this guys logic. It especially concerns me that he incorrectly promotes the incorrect view that electric cars produce no benefit to the environment, and are actually more inefficient than ICE cars.
Read the comments to his articles, I and others attack his nonsense on a daily basis.

Remember you will have to create an account, receive a bunch of SPAM and comments are subject to approval. So take your chances.

This has not been my experience. My comments are not moderated even though he disagrees with everything I say, unless he complains to the site editors and they happen to agree with his complaint, which rarely happens. His "Insta blogs" on the site are another matter, where he can and does delete anything he doesn't like. I have not received any spam from the site.

Sorry, there's just too much bunk in there.

Check out this article

Updating My Buy Exide, Short Tesla Paired Trade - Seeking Alpha

He picked the one drop in the stock price caused by the loss of those 2 Tesla employees and predicts $22 a share. Hmmmm it doesn't appear very fragile to me up here at $33 even though one of his fellow short sellers just tried to drop a 'brick' on the share price.

I looked at one of this guy's other articles that recommends a stock to go to $6. After his recommendation, the stock has steadily tanked and is now down from $4 or so at the time of his recommendation to about $1.50 now. If this guy knows what he is doing, then he's just blogging the opposite of the truth and profiting from the gullible. There really should be a Consumer Reports for stock advisers that check the advice of these guys against reality.