Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone carry an emergency 12V tire compressor to allow to drive to a garage station to get a flat repaired.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is assuming you can't reach Tesla road service assistance or it will take too long for them to get to your location.

If you're carrying one, which one and does it work well to inflate to 45 PSI?

Thanks

PS. I couldn't find Tesla's own compressor on their website this morning.

Ah man, I hate when they do that. Replace the .com by .ca and the price jumps from $36.99 to $85.19!

PS also carry a plug kit

I looked into it. Can you install the plug with the tire still on the car? Is there room in the wheel well to get the punch in?

I've seen this as well and wondering if it carries enough air to inflate a tire from flat to 45 PSI and how frequent must you top it of.

Upvote 0
I purchased this kit to carry in my MY:

Reactions: android04
Upvote 0
This is assuming you can't reach Tesla road service assistance or it will take too long for them to get to your location.

Thanks

Strange. I bought the one from Tesla just a month ago. Wonder why it's MIA now.

It's not particularly special, but I bought theirs under the assumption that the goo gumming up the TPMS sensor might be covered under goodwill if I were to need to use it. Their kit looks to just be a rebranded version of the Mopar kit.

I used this to reinflate my tires after a year, and getting a TPMS alert for low air at 38 psi. Inflating all 4 tires to 45 was not a problem. However, the pressure gauge on the device reads high, so I had to do it twice to get a real 45 from my digital gauge, and the TPMS sensors.

The kit seems really cheesy and low budget, it wouldn't start inflating once, until I powered off then back on. Someone else on here reported that their kit wouldn't run the compressor at all. I'd recommend skip the Tesla kit even if it comes back, and go with something higher quality. You don't want a safety item like this to fail at the one time you really, really need it.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
Upvote 0

Thanks

I have a 12vpump purchased at the local Advance Auto Parts store. Also carry a small 3 ton scissor jack (Harbor Freight), jack pad (homemade), tire plug kit, needle nose pliers to remove the screw or nail causing the leak, and the appropriate socket and breaker bar in case the tire needs to come off for the repair.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
Upvote 0
I have a Powerstation PSX2 (has jumpstarter and compressor built in) that I got from my old car and use it now. But if you buying a new one, as others suggest, probably you want one that can be plugged into the 12V socket and is smaller (plus the jump starter function can be performed by a cheaper and smaller device).

Also as others mention, definitely get a plug kit. It is possible to do the plug without removing the wheel from the car (look on youtube), but the official way to do it is to remove the wheel first.

If you need to remove the wheel, you would need a jack and tire iron (plus jack pads).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah i have a tire repair kit and a small compressor .the compressor is handy to keep the tire inflated as you dont visit petrol stations.
I have a shop compressor at home and cottage so that's not an issue but on my trip to the cottage, I pass through areas with no cell coverage and no house around so that's the areas I want to be able to fix a flat if it happens.

Upvote 0
In the trunk I carry the small compressor that came with my bmw mobility kit, plug kit with a pair of pliers, scissor Jack with 1/2” drive adaptor, hockey puck, small moving blanket in case I gotta down and dirty lol, pair of a23 batteries in the front tow hook and hulkman jumper in the frunk.

Upvote 0
I have several Dewalt 20v tools and batteries so I chose this inflator, it also plugs into the 12v cigarette lighter socket: tire inflator

and plug kit: plug kit

The inflator is easy to use, powerful, accurate and has no difficulty inflating from 0 - 45psi on multiple tires without overheating. Plug kit includes lots of “nice-to-haves” like needle nose pliers, gloves, and so on for what is a dirty sticky job.

Reactions: house9
Upvote 0