Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone caught a glimpse of the photos before they were taken down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Literally?

Unfortunately the definition of literally was changed to also include things that aren't literally true, so it can now mean the opposite of literal.

upload_2017-6-23_22-31-54.png

As well as making a mountain out of a molehill.
And being poorly informed.

As substantiation of their 'great Tesla cover-up' angle they offer up the fact that one car had it's steering wheel "covered." That was a thread here of a bit of silliness related to a driver hanging their coat on the wheel.

The signal to noise ratio on so called internet news sites can approach zero.

• Funny
Reactions: gabeincal
They were also posted on the Tesla Model 3 Facebook group on Thursday by the original owner. So, not exactly secret. :)

I've not seen it discussed that the pic of the display while charging shows the open/close buttons for the trunk and frunk and also shows a 'close' button for the charging port, which seems to answer the question that the port door is NOT manual, but automatic, like on the S and X.

They were also posted on the Tesla Model 3 Facebook group on Thursday by the original owner. So, not exactly secret. :)

I've not seen it discussed that the pic of the display while charging shows the open/close buttons for the trunk and frunk and also shows a 'close' button for the charging port, which seems to answer the question that the port door is NOT manual, but automatic, like on the S and X.

Can you show where they are. No one else has mentioned these. Only the glovebox in the lower right corner.

Not exactly. I am a photographer who sells my images commercially on a stock photo website, so I am familiar with the rules. You are allowed to take photos on anything in public property and you own the copyright to those photos. What you do afterwards determines how Tesla's IP may be being infringed on.

If he took the photos and sold them for commercial advertising purposes, that would require a property release by Tesla to be valid. However, if he sold them for use in editorial purposes (news articles, etc), then he is allowed to do that by copyright law. There is a whole different issue when you start talking about photos for art purposes, but I don't think that applies here.

For example of an editorial photo for sale of a commercial product, take a look here:
Classic Bottle Of Coca Cola Stock Photo | Getty Images