Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone change their order after a price increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize this decision is ultimately up to me, just looking for thoughts and opinions.

I have a model Y performance on order, which was placed prior to the most recent $1000 price increase. It was, however, after the price increase when midnight silver metallic (MSM) became a free option. I ordered a MSM on black car, but am having second thoughts. I'm liking the red with black interior, but this would increase my price by $3000! Quite a mental jump from what used to be a $1000 upper ($1000 MSM vs $2000 red in the old days, meaning 2 weeks ago)

Has anyone else bit the bullet and abandoned a lower price lock to change color? Furthermore, has anyone bought red and got tired of it after a few years?

I realize this decision is ultimately up to me, just looking for thoughts and opinions.

I have a model Y performance on order, which was placed prior to the most recent $1000 price increase. It was, however, after the price increase when midnight silver metallic (MSM) became a free option. I ordered a MSM on black car, but am having second thoughts. I'm liking the red with black interior, but this would increase my price by $3000! Quite a mental jump from what used to be a $1000 upper ($1000 MSM vs $2000 red in the old days, meaning 2 weeks ago)

Has anyone else bit the bullet and abandoned a lower price lock to change color? Furthermore, has anyone bought red and got tired of it after a few years?
I traded in my Red 2020 M3SR+for a 2022 MYLR, also in Red!

I ordered a Black with White interior and at midnight the Black went to $1500 up-charge and the car itself went up $1000. I changed my order to to a Midnight Silver and because the Midnight Silver became included, my price stayed the same.
$3000 more to change color is a lot to me, but it depends on you. If this is something you're gonna love, love, love...do it. But if it's something, you're on the fence about, don't do it. You're buying the car to sit in it, not stand outside of it.

I've changed my seats from Black to White and aside from the $1000 extra for the white interior, there were no change fees whatsoever, of course this was before the price increase but I do believe that if it's just color and other options etc, you only pay for the actual cost of the option ie red, black and blue paint, tow, FSD, etc. but shouldn't change the price of the actual vehicle even with the current price increase. Talk to your SA if you want to make sure.