Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone changed their colour spec Model Y recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Has anyone changed their colour spec Model Y recently and impact on delivery? I've read on this forum from last years posts, it may work for you or may put you back of another queue. With the delay I'm thinking about changing spec to one of the paid colours?

When I spoke to Tesla they said it wouldn't help the car arrive any faster nor will it delay it later but when speccing up a new model Y, some colours are later delivery.
With my 1st delay, I'm not sure I could hold out for another delay? Have a white on order and thinking about the midnight silver or red.:confused:

Anyone who has done this recently on this batch off Y's, advice appreciated?
Cheers.

It might be expensive.
Correct me if I am wrong but if you make a change like that won't they update you to the latest prices? which are between £1K-3K higher than the price most people ordered at. While Tesla do honour the price at the time of ordering that is usually subject to retaining the as ordered spec.

Reactions: ArunG and ACarneiro
It might be expensive.
Correct me if I am wrong but if you make a change like that won't they update you to the latest prices? which are between £1K-3K higher than the price most people ordered at. While Tesla do honour the price at the time of ordering that is usually subject to retaining the as ordered spec.
From what I’ve seen when I’ve gone to try and change spec, it quotes me using the prices at my time of purchase which was before the increase.

So it seems the price is locked in for your order and any changes. No idea if this is the case of the Autopilot upgrades

Hi All,

Has anyone changed their colour spec Model Y recently and impact on delivery? I've read on this forum from last years posts, it may work for you or may put you back of another queue. With the delay I'm thinking about changing spec to one of the paid colours?

When I spoke to Tesla they said it wouldn't help the car arrive any faster nor will it delay it later but when speccing up a new model Y, some colours are later delivery.
With my 1st delay, I'm not sure I could hold out for another delay? Have a white on order and thinking about the midnight silver or red.:confused:

Anyone who has done this recently on this batch off Y's, advice appreciated?
Cheers.
Wouldn’t recommend MSM
I’ve just had a test drive and they said to only order it if I was happy to wait and really wanted that colour… 🤭

I placed my order for MYP with tow JUNE 18th with est delivery Aug-Oct. Last week I removed the tow package and added white interior. My oder date now shows July 22 with est delivery Aug-Oct. Man I sure hope it doesn’t add significant delay😬 tow and white interior were the same price, hoping my final price stays the same.