Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone coming from a Pilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother was looking at the Ionic5/EV6. Can't go wrong with that... The only issue I was worried about, was some of the thermal management with the battery. (See Bjorn's 1000km challenge video with it, and the video on battery overheating). He had issues with the climate control not being able to cool/warm the battery and cabin at the same time... So while warming cabin, it was scavenging heat from battery even tho it was supposed to be preheating the battery, making it so charging was slow, as battery was 0 degrees celcius when arriving at fast charger... Likewise, when it was trying to cool the cabin in the summer, it wasn't cooling the battery, leading to thermal gating of the battery while charging, unless he turned off the climate control.... When charging was done, the motors were thermal limited to 60kw until the battery temp dropped below 50 degrees C.

Thx. Good to know. I live in the Deep South, so cold temperatures and traction control in snow and ice aren’t really concerns for me. Keeping both cabin and battery cool are the priorities.

Last edited: