Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone considering trading in/sell their 1st gen model 3 SR+ for the new gen model 3 long range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone considering trading in/sell their 1st gen model 3 SR+ for the new gen model 3 long range? given the resell value of used tesla is high, anyone considering trading in for long range AWD for better interior and acceleration and traction? What would be the price difference be?

For a 2020 SR+ at 20000km, you'd probably get around 50 private sale. 64990*1.13= 73 438 for a new Long Range AWD.

That's 23k difference.
Sellers are getting more than that right now. I know for a fact that my friend sold her 2019 SR+ White with black seats for 52k last week. She had around 30,000km on it. She received several calls within 30 minutes after the listing of the car.

Because of this, I will also list my 2020 SR+ over the next couple of weeks. :)

Last edited:
Sellers are getting more than that right now. I know for a fact that my friend sold her 2019 SR+ White with black seats for 52k last week. She had around 30,000km on it. She received several calls within 30 minutes after the listing of the car.

Because of this, I will also list my 2020 SR+ over the next couple of weeks. :)
how much did you end up listing your SR+ for? What are the responses?

Great. Good to hear your outcome. Where did you advertise your sr+ to be on sale?
Facebook Marketplace and Autotrader. I truly regret listing on Autotrader as I was only getting scam requests. Surprisingly enough, FB Marketplace was a very good source of serious requests. The person that ended buying my car was a used car dealership that bought my car without even seeing it prior to the sale.

Reactions: coolmanfever
Facebook Marketplace and Autotrader. I truly regret listing on Autotrader as I was only getting scam requests. Surprisingly enough, FB Marketplace was a very good source of serious requests. The person that ended buying my car was a used car dealership that bought my car without even seeing it prior to the sale.
Awesome. Will look into Facebook for sale. Did you place pre order LR many months ahead before you end up selling SR+? How many months you waited for LR to arrive for you to take delivery?

I think right now is good time to sell SR+ but I am just not sure when I can take delivery of LR if I pre order one right now since estimated delivery from tesla is always very off

Awesome. Will look into Facebook for sale. Did you place pre order LR many months ahead before you end up selling SR+? How many months you waited for LR to arrive for you to take delivery?

I think right now is good time to sell SR+ but I am just not sure when I can take delivery of LR if I pre order one right now since estimated delivery from tesla is always very off

Funny enough, my LR order took only 5 weeks. Ordered on 11/17, received on 12/23. Used the website to order, never spoke to any Tesla agent. When I placed my ordered, the website was saying estimated delivery should be in January but I received it before. If I were you, I would simply place an order since it's only 250$ and you will figure out soon enough when to sell your car. The market is hot right now, take advantage of the situation while you can.

Reactions: coolmanfever