Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone done this to your Model 3??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done this to your 3's doors and if so, your thoughts
Vertical doors.jpg

Last edited:
My kids will avoid me at the school pick up if I drive that thing to school for pick up.

thats an american thing anyway. in europe all children avoid their parents to school in case they have to be picked up. being picked up or dropped off by your parents is like the uncoolest thing you could do. real men walked or cycled to school. Or bus.

If it has to be they have to drop you off a block beforehand so you walk the last min lol

Met this gentleman at a car show last week. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t on these forums? I think his car show poster claimed nothing he’s done affects the car’s warranty.

He also had sounds hooked up to the can bus with resonators, I believe like the Dodge’s Banshee powered EV concept.

I think scissor door kits are fairly common and wouldn’t be too hard to install into a Tesla. If you really wanted to.

I guess you can mod EVs (beyond wraps and custom coilovers)? It’s nice to see somebody standing out and making it their own.

564711E2-734D-4255-9D5F-3AC064281476.jpeg
1B78AD50-F340-48D8-889B-A37B254FB9CD.jpeg
04B8F337-5FA5-46CB-B0EB-FC285F7760DF.jpeg
3293B9FC-F402-4FEA-B164-2925A263DFB4.jpeg

Other super cars with the real scissor doors(?) are at least cool when they open and close straight up and down. If I am not mistaken, these aftermarket ones have to open normally as you would with the normal door about several inches out and go up.

thats an american thing anyway. in europe all children avoid their parents to school in case they have to be picked up. being picked up or dropped off by your parents is like the uncoolest thing you could do. real men walked or cycled to school. Or bus.

If it has to be they have to drop you off a block beforehand so you walk the last min lol
My kids are 6 and 3 and I am sure they are not that age yet.

Met this gentleman at a car show last week. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t on these forums? I think his car show poster claimed nothing he’s done affects the car’s warranty.

He also had sounds hooked up to the can bus with resonators, I believe like the Dodge’s Banshee powered EV concept.

I think scissor door kits are fairly common and wouldn’t be too hard to install into a Tesla. If you really wanted to.

I guess you can mod EVs (beyond wraps and custom coilovers)? It’s nice to see somebody standing out and making it their own.

View attachment 861794View attachment 861795View attachment 861796View attachment 861797

Met him to at a couple other local shows myself. Very nice guy! Small world. Here is a couple more pics.
I'm also surprised we haven't seen more pics of it on here.

20220827_093241.jpg

20220827_093146.jpg