Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone drive 93/95 in New England on Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I regularly drive i95 from NY to RI. The lane markings on my route are mostly good - one spot around exit 15 in NY with poor markings due to past construction. Still, AP handles it fine. Construction finishing around New Haven where I would take over. But otherwise, no issues there. More issues with traffic and abrupt stops so pay attention if using AP. (as always. ;) )

No worried, I commute south into Boston and everyday I can feel my life drain away in stop and go traffic. There are some places on 93 south that the white lines are pretty worn so I was curious if people have issues with these or not. I would love to travel exit to exit on AP down 93.

You might consider posting this in the New England sub-forum - lots of locals there who probably know that route better than I do. There is also a Tesla Owners New England page on FB. Though I have driven it with AP and don't recall anything odd.

Are you driving south into Boston or north?
I drive south into Cambridge from Andover.

For me autopilot is a very real quality of life improvement. I listen to a lot of audiobooks and my favorite topics, particularly in the hard sciences and even certain kinds of history, are very difficult for me to comprehend in city or stop-and-go traffic because they require a lot of mental attention to follow. Autopilot makes those works intelligible for me while driving. It's like getting back 60 productive minutes every day. I do switch to music when I get off the highway unless it's lighter "reading."

I use AP regularly on I-95 around Boston and find it works 95%+ of the time where I drive. I have also used it on I-95 north to Portland, ME and as far south as Mystic, CT, and had no significant problems. I-90 and I-84 also mostly very good.
As for I-93, I have used it driving through Boston a few times, and agree that the lane markings are inadequate in some areas both north of the city and south. (I have not driven I-932 north of Medford, though.)