Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone driving cross country from Boston to California?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're a group of MIT researchers looking for a person who is driving their car (preferably Tesla) from Boston to California (preferably Fremont, CA). We would like to add a dashcam to your car to record the forward roadway and will pay for it. Payment amount is negotiable. This will help our autonomous vehicle research, so your support and help will be very much appreciated, and hopefully one day will help save people's lives.

My name is Lex Fridman. I'm a research scientist at MIT. Contact me if interested at [email protected] or post here.

We're a group of MIT researchers looking for a person who is driving their car (preferably Tesla) from Boston to California (preferably Fremont, CA). We would like to add a dashcam to your car to record the forward roadway and will pay for it. Payment amount is negotiable. This will help our autonomous vehicle research, so your support and help will be very much appreciated, and hopefully one day will help save people's lives.

My name is Lex Fridman. I'm a research scientist at MIT. Contact me if interested at [email protected] or post here.

Do you need the car to be cloud-enabled (with a 24/7 mobile hotspot), or will there be a series of MicroSD cards that the driver can swap out every 12 or 24 hours?

I wish I was going to be back on the east coast in time to do this, but I'm evidently headed south instead once the Mexican car insurance thing finally finalizes.

P.S. for those unaware - Lex Fridman is the real deal. Actually, he is beyond the real deal and is a tremendously valuable asset to the Tesla community and then some. Hopefully someone can help.

I may be heading to Seattle within the next few months(maybe early Nov?) if that works.