Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else 100% getting a Model Y LR RWD? Let's connect!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holding out for RWD. Ordered in Nov 19.

My best guess is that deliveries will start around mid September to try to get them out before the end of the 3rd quarter but we will have a better idea once they get the EPA figures on range verified.

I ordered mine in Jan 2020. I'm so glad they are going to actually build them. I didn't want one of the early ones anyway so waiting a few more months is no problem. Especially with Covid - we hardly go anywhere now. The price on mine hasn't dropped so might have to reorder, but that's ok.

I ordered mine in Jan 2020. I'm so glad they are going to actually build them. I didn't want one of the early ones anyway so waiting a few more months is no problem. Especially with Covid - we hardly go anywhere now. The price on mine hasn't dropped so might have to reorder, but that's ok.

don’t expect price drop for RWD. Tesla dropped 3k specifically on LR AWD which is now offered at $8,990 (before it was $11,990). The base car is still at $41k per my invoice.

The LR RWD version of the Model 3 was lower than the AWD before the AWD was revised up. I suspect that the RWD would have been revised similarly if it had still been in production.

EDIT: Explanation: Twitter
Well, LR+ is still available to order and is rated at 250 miles... AWD M3 is rated at 322. So wouldn't split be similar for MY, AWD being more than RWD? So if MY AWD is rated 316, then RWD should be something like 225 (assuming same % gap as in M3)... What am I missing here?

Well, LR+ is still available to order and is rated at 250 miles... AWD M3 is rated at 322. So wouldn't split be similar for MY, AWD being more than RWD? So if MY AWD is rated 316, then RWD should be something like 225 (assuming same % gap as in M3)... What am I missing here?

The RWD that is available for order now with the model 3 is the SR+ at 250 miles. It has a smaller battery.

When they had the LR available with the same battery as the AWD, the RWD had higher range and lower consumption per mile.

Reactions: Dadiggaman
The RWD that is available for order now with the model 3 is the SR+ at 250 miles. It has a smaller battery.

When they had the LR available with the same battery as the AWD, the RWD had higher range and lower consumption per mile.
And I just read this -

Tesla Cancels Sub $40,000 Standard Range Tesla Model Y - Tesla Motors Club

...that answered my question. So essentially, a RWD MY should have the same (at least) range as the AWD version (and, as you noted, probably higher).

Sorry for being so thick-headed! Should have done a little research first.

Reactions: jsight
September 2019 order. $6K FSD. The weird wording of the announcement that Tesla had no plans to produce the car at this time lead me to believe they were just trying to push AWD orders. I didn't take the bait. In part thanks to Covid decreasing our need for a 2nd car at this time. Tesla showed their cards first so it looks like a longer range cheaper priced Model Y is in our future.

Reactions: Kofther