Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else affected by data connectivity outage today (8/15/2016)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else here is affected by the cellular data outage supposedly being experienced in Canada. I called the service just now and they said about 5-6 people has called the Vancouver service center to report the same issue. Happened around 9am or so. They claim they are working on it right now and hoping to have an OTA update for us.

I didn't see a thread here about this topic specifically (there's an older thread that reported connectivity issues from before). So I'm wondering how widespread this issue really is.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else here is affected by the cellular data outage supposedly being experienced in Canada. I called the service just now and they said about 5-6 people has called the Vancouver service center to report the same issue. Happened around 9am or so. They claim they are working on it right now and hoping to have an OTA update for us.

I didn't see a thread here about this topic specifically (there's an older thread that reported connectivity issues from before). So I'm wondering how widespread this issue really is.

I am in Vermont and experiencing issues. Cannot connect to car via Tesla app and Internet in car does not seem to be working (tunein and slacker just hanging). Tried screen reboot with no luck.

Same for me here in Mass. despite what appears as excellent cellular signal (3-5 bars when i discovered I could not connect to the car and car could not the voice controls). Glad it is not just me, I think...

If I use maps, I have trouble with the signal dropping -- ever since the last update -- which seems to me to be Tesla related and likely unrelated to the AT&T problem in the States today. As long as I don't bring the up the maps, my signal doesn't drop. But I think it's only happening to 3G cars...

Maps app crashing 3G connection

So if LTE cars are not affected then it might be an AT&T problem, although it's roaming on Rogers in Canada.