Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else affected by data connectivity outage today (8/15/2016)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Working now (checked remote ap). Was not working 2 hrs ago.

Given length and scope of outage (issues reported many hours of the day from many parts of the country), I would like to see a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or some facsimile thereof from Tesla.. Just saying

3G is the problem, so I've been told. Everything connection-wise about my 'older' model is fine except no Google Maps. This problem has persisted over 10 days now. My car has always had problems updating new software and usually has to go into TESLA service to update, a two hour drive away.

This is actually getting to the point of major annoyance, particularly when you're trying to point friends in Tesla's direction, but then having to make excuses for the navigation not re-routing or TuneIn Radio not working

After paying a lot of money for the Tech Package, I expect it to work - at least most of the time

Has everyone posting in this thread been in touch with Tesla?

By 3G does that mean that this issue doesn't affect LTE? I don't think that was the case with this outage - I think when the cause was blamed on 3G that was technically incorrect and meant that it was a mobile network outage which affects 3G, LTE and even EDGE(2G) for that matter.

Is a wifi connection through the phone's hotspot going to give a constant connection to be able to navigate with maps? have plenty in my data pack still anyway. I have planned several roadtrips through Canada from Montreal, and looking on moving maps instead of grey squares is much easier :(

(By the way, I am from the Netherlands and exchanged Tesla's with a Canadian: what a great way to travel)

Reactions: tsarlsy