Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else almost die on 2018.6.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not experienced any issues with 2018.6.1, at least none that wasn't there before.

Drove the same routes to and back from work (about 35km) every day using AP 2 whenever I can from on-ramp to off-ramp. Didn't noticed any change in behavior. Generally reliable. Noted however, this road is generally easy for AP and I've been on this road since I got the vehicle last summer. I noticed that it can take one of the highway to highway transition ramp OK, but it stays on the outside of the curve instead of the inside, making it uncomfortably close to the car on the next lane, which tends to hug the inside of the curve on this turn. I wish Tesla would update the software such that the vehicle stays to the inside rather than the outside of the curve if it sees both bounding lane markers.

Same here.

It will always start turning into a turning lane at a stop light. I have to take control right away.
Why would I trust it? Because I've been driving on the same roads for months without issues. It's only this last update. At first I thought it was a glitch, then again so I stopped using it on 2 lane.
But then on large highways I've been doing for nearly a year suddenly it changed behavior and randomly takes and off ramp? No other cars around? I've been to florida and back twice using AP the whole time. This is first it does super random deadly stuff on major highways.

Sounds like the car lured you into a false sense of security by its past success. I also used AP on a long cross country trip with good success on the freeways, but when it recently wanted to take an exit, I stopped using it and won't use it again until there are some changes. As they say in the financial world of stocks.... past performance is no guarantee of future performance :)

the important thing with "bug report" in the car is that it puts a timestamped marker in the logs so it is straightforward for a tech to locate the incident. Personally I dont know if the email to servicehelpNA/EU@ really has any effect but I have called the support line and referred them successfully to a bug report in the past.

• Informative
Reactions: Az_Rael