Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else cold?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
This was after a 24 minute drive...

anyone else having this?

they made the AC work "better" by making the sensor lie?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    713.9 KB · Views: 144
Mine seems to come and go. Heats up quickly and nicely. But then tends to get cold and I have to turn it way up. Honestly, I do miss the old days where I would just turn the knob from blue to red and could count on consistent heat. Every auto climate control I have had: Volvo (2), Acura (2), Subaru, have all been more of a hassle than they were worth.

I'm so cold!

It's been 55º here, and raining! Cold for San Diego. I finally tried to use the heater to see what all those Canadians are complaining about. Boy, I'm glad I'm not in Canada! After the 2.9.68 (or whatever the latest, Heatergate, I think I called it) update, my heater works worse than ever! Had to put it up to 80º to get it to even engage heat. As soon as it gets warm and I push it down to 77º, the cold air starts pumping. Needs to be fixed. And yes, now I also see the problems with the seats not heating the front half. At least the steering wheel stays warm!

Last edited:
I'm so cold!

It's been 55º here, and raining! Cold for San Diego. I finally tried to use the heater to see what all those Canadians are complaining about. Boy, I'm glad I'm not in Canada! After the 2.9.68 (or whatever the latest, Heatergate, I think I called it) update, my heater works worse than ever! Had to put it up to 80º to get it to even engage heat. As soon as it gets warm and I push it down to 77º, the cold air starts pumping. Needs to be fixed. And yes, now I also see the problems with the seats not heating the front half. At least the steering wheel stays warm!
The latest cars in the UK are at 2.9.74 and we have cold feet; outside temp is about 8C. Service say they know about it and it will be fixed with 7.1 but they have no idea (here) when we'll get that. Meanwhile, my wife (who uses the handle Tallulah, which is also the name of our car) drives with a rug over her legs.

I concur with the statements that the car heats up quickly (when set to 80!) then after 10-20 minutes on the road, it cools down and you have the raise the temp.

My point all along is my 09 Tahoe, set to 72, winter OR summer... is comfortable. I don't know the temp as I never had to fight with it.

My 2013 Tesla doesn't know wtf warm or cold is. Set to 80, and 25 minutes of driving later... it's 66! because...? nargles?

66 is NOT 80. Getting a bit sick of the fix it later mentality... maybe I'll have to push for a loaner gas sucker until they can make my car drive-able.

The default auto setting does turn on air conditioning as well as heat and tends to alternate between the two trying to maintain the set temp. For me, the fix was to turn off the AC and run the heater with only heat enabled.

Setting the temp high and then turning the temp down will engage AC cooling in the default auto mode.

I have had it confirmed by SC that HVAC bug is present and should be addressed in OTA update coming soon. Of course they told me that three weeks ago... And when the temps hit 10 a couple of days ago my heating system was USELESS! As in it failed. It did not produce any warm air at all. My kids were laying into me the whole time for the 10 minutes it took to deliver them to school and that was with a 15 minute preheat as I foresaw issues. I guess you could argue that the temp from the heater was at least 30 degrees higher than the ambient but that does not help when it is 10 degrees.

When I first contacted SC they told me to just crank the heat as high as it goes. Used to be that 75 would work pretty fast even at coldest temps. Now I have crank to HI to get traction even at 30 degrees ambient. And it seems that below 15 degrees or so the battle is lost. This really needs to be addressed soon...

Glad I'm not the only one with cold feet and a schizophrenic HVAC. Feast or famine. While I appreciate what Elon and Tesla have done, there sure are some rudimentary features missing that one would certainly expect from a $100k car. Like even temp control, voice dialing (really? Even my 09 F150 dials hands free). Really is All About Eve: some of the most advanced technology around coupled with a lack of some basic features available on some econoboxes 5 to 10 years ago. With the explosion of competitive EVs coming down the line at all price points, TM needs to get its act together quickly. All that said, I love the car.

I still love my car, and believe it can be fixed with an update, but if I freeze to death first, I'm not exactly a satisfied customer... such basic things seem so hard to Tesla.

The slider in my 1987 station wagon made more heat than a brand new Tesla.