Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else cold?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. It's been pretty cold this week. 5F one morning this week, teens and 20s every other day. I've noticed that as long as I have range mode off and a decent SOC, I've been pleased with the heating. The preheating from the app works much faster than before. I typically preheat to 74, get in the car and turn it of relying solely on seat heaters...until either it gets too cold (rare) or the windows fog up, then I set it at 64.

I was on 2.9.40 (just got bumped to 2.9.77 but no drives yet) and noticed this as well. Supposed 2.9.12 fixed "no heat" from the earlier v7 builds, but I also experience that it does absolutely great for 10-15 minutes and then I'm basically cranking to HI or freezing. Couple that with my car having a cold draft coming into it and it's been brutal when the outside temps are lower 30s, the car is on HI, and the Tesla app says the internal cabin is 57 degrees!!!

The service center has worked on my cold draft twice already. They finally got it to stop coming from the driver door where it meets the big glass, but I'm still getting something from the triangle glass up front and likely from somewhere else in the car. Hard to pin down b/c the darn HVAC will suddenly blow cold! I need to find someone with a heat camera and track down exactly where this is coming from so the SvC can try to fix it for the third time.

Mine goes in Monday for other issues (paint protect replacement after an Escape cut me off, charge port, and now, as of today, driver window doesn't go UP when you close the door)...

So we shall see!

Crossing my fingers for an auto pilot enabled loaner... will make the 80 mile drive home slightly less painful....

I've been having this problem, also. During a longer trip I took a few weeks ago, we found that we progressively had to ratchet the temperature up throughout each leg of the trip, all the while we kept finding ourselves "chilly". Without fail, just about every leg was the same....leave the supercharger at 70, arrive at the next one at 80.

Silly Canadians... no one wears shorts when it's 50 out! lol :)

Regardless of our preferred temperatures... setting the car to "72" should result in the car getting quickly to, then maintaining "72"... it's so easy my EcoBee 3 can do it!