Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else dislike the new UI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honking will record the last 10 minutes if this feature is enabled and if the USB stick is working. However, if the icon doesn't show up on top of the screen, chances are that the drive is not accessible, therefore honking won't help. Either the drive is not inserted (duh!), not formatted or otherwise not ready to work. Unless there are already important files on it, I would first try to format it. If that doesn't work, remove and re-insert it and try to format again.

This new update (48.35.5) is cutesy and I like it a little but it has a fatal flaw for me! On the freeway I regularly used the + and - signs to increase/decrease cruise control slightly. They are gone! As if there wasn't any room for them? Software programmers probably don't have their own Tesla or they wouldn't assume features they might not use aren't necessary. Now I have to either get out of c.c. or speed up a little and reset cc.. This takes too much attention away from the traffic outside. BAD idea. Can I reject the update?

This new update (48.35.5) is cutesy and I like it a little but it has a fatal flaw for me! On the freeway I regularly used the + and - signs to increase/decrease cruise control slightly. They are gone! As if there wasn't any room for them? Software programmers probably don't have their own Tesla or they wouldn't assume features they might not use aren't necessary. Now I have to either get out of c.c. or speed up a little and reset cc.. This takes too much attention away from the traffic outside. BAD idea. Can I reject the update?

Yeah, the right scroll wheel has been the main way to adjust cruise speed for quite a while. Much less distracting than using the screen.

Another issue that bothered Mrs. Uujjj. In the old version, the blue color of the car on screen matched the blue color of the car itself pretty well. Now, the shade of blue on screen looks nothing like the shade of the paint. This change baffles me. Why the hell did they change the shade of blue so it doesn't match the car anymore?

For the first time I can say that I hate a Tesla update. I cannot see any reason for making the visualization area larger which reduces the map size and the image size for the back-up camera. The speed is now smaller and it is very difficult to see what "gear" the car is in; P, N, R. The font is too small and it is grey, not black. I have complained since I first took delivery of my Model 3 that the range, time, and temperature are too damn small! There is, or at least was, plenty of room to make them larger for all, or even better, make the font size selectable. In my opinion, the image size for the back-up camera should be full screen with distances to nearby objects overlaid on the image. Make what is important to see, easier to see!

When I am supercharging or simply in P gear, why can't web browser open full screen? Why can't paint app open full screen?
Most of you guys have never used v8 but I started with v8 and since than UI is just a total failure and makes no sense.

• Informative
Reactions: ladysbff
I considered making a click-baity title so more people saw this but I'm not trying to be a troll on purpose.

A recent UI update to a big business service I use in my professional life caused tangible productivity issues. I complained. Guess what happened next?

upload_2021-1-29_10-21-26.png

I should add - the UI update that was rolled back prioritized sleekness/decluttering over displaying and making readily accessible important metrics.

I considered making a click-baity title so more people saw this but I'm not trying to be a troll on purpose.

A recent UI update to a big business service I use in my professional life caused tangible productivity issues. I complained. Guess what happened next?

View attachment 631974

I should add - the UI update that was rolled back prioritized sleekness/decluttering over displaying and making readily accessible important metrics.
I wish more software companies were willing to do that. Most are way to prould and controlling.

Reactions: ladysbff
I wish more software companies were willing to do that. Most are way to prould and controlling.
That was my thought, too. However, I could see no real benefit to the new UI beyond the fact that it looked "sleek" so that motivated me not just to complain, but to be very specific in how the poorly designed UI negatively impacted my workflow.

Anyway, I was really (pleasantly) surprised, I didn't think they would do anything about it based on how I've seen over software/tech/CaaS companies react :rolleyes:

Reactions: smogne41