Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else experiencing "Driver's Foot"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a discomfort in the outer part of my right foot that rests on the floor during cruise control ops. But more of a numbness from my right pinky toe to my heel favoring the outboard side of the heel and up to the ankle. hmmmmmm any suggestions?

I had it in the Prius on long trips, but never in the Model S. My guess is that it's either due to the charge time or else the more exacting foot placement the Prius needs.

A fix for numb foot syndrome

Not a discomfort in the outer part of my right foot that rests on the floor during cruise control ops. But more of a numbness from my right pinky toe to my heel favoring the outboard side of the heel and up to the ankle. hmmmmmm any suggestions?

The problem isn't in your foot; it only feels that way. It is higher in the leg, likely a block that develops due to poor circulation. The fix is to move regularly. When you have a stretch of road where you can engage the cruise control, do so. Then heave yourself up into a better posture and flex that right leg, moving it from side to side until traffic demands that you pop out of cruise control. Try raising your right hip off of the seat and see if that exercise helps.

It is similar to the side of the hand tingling or going numb when you press on the back of the elbow for too long.

The problem isn't in your foot; it only feels that way...
It is similar to the side of the hand tingling or going numb when you press on the back of the elbow for too long.

If pressure at your elbow produces numbness or tingling in the smaller fingers of the hand that is due to ulnar nerve compression at the elbow.

Numbness on the side of the foot could be due to compression of the sural nerve. It is less likely to be a circulatory problem.

Use cruise control more and move your foot and leg regularly. Experiment with different seat adjustments.

Humans are not well adapted to periods of extended immobility. We are well adapted to continuous movement throughout the day.

More movement, less sitting around is always desirable.

Use CC to free up your right foot every so often. You can actually drive in traffic, footless, if you really try. Anything to avoid that accel pedal pressure on the foot!

Avoid seat pressure under knees or thighs for too long a time. Can cause swelling of ankles (edema). Change seat positions frequently. Get out and walk the dog.
--

I also experienced this pain (but also in my previous cars) and sloved it by changing my business shoes (where your heels get a little raised) during long drives with a pair of babouche/slippers (where the heels are not raised) and that have very flexible soles. I drive +100000 km per year and this solution solved all my problems.

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 5.33.30 AM.png