Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else get fooled by the new sentry mode icon at the top of the screen?

A-Wimoweh

Nov 26, 2018
Jungle
Got the 2020.12.5 update, and saw the new icon at the top of the screen, to the right of the dashcam. I was like what the heck is this? I can understand why they didn't mention that change in the release notes, but I think they should have.

Reactions: MXLRplus

MXLRplus

Mar 11, 2020
Eastvale, CA
It wasn't even in the release notes, but it was easy to figure out.
There is more undocumented content in a Tesla than any other brand I've owned.
Imagine my surprise when I did all my homework, such as reading the manual, reading reviews, test driving, reading owner web forums only to discover I still only knew the car 50% at best.
I still get surprises.
Yesterday I found out:
  • When the LDW system loses it's mind, it scares the carp out of you. Klaxon chime, red warning on dash, but no actual problem.
  • ACC system will slow down in steps for freeway offramps. Don't rely on it, but it's intriguing.

Jughead135

Feb 19, 2020
Georgia
Yesterday I found out:
  • When the LDW system loses it's mind, it scares the carp out of you. Klaxon chime, red warning on dash, but no actual problem.
  • ACC system will slow down in steps for freeway offramps. Don't rely on it, but it's intriguing.

Sorry, noob here....

"LDW system"?

"ACC system"?

serpico007

Apr 5, 2020
Canada
I only heard about it on Twitter and Youtube about the change. I think we will never know everything about these cars but that's ok. Not like I knew everything about my last vehicle.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC