Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else get FSD Beta on the last update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fry_Esq.

2020 Model Y / PUP / Blue / White / FSD
Got it with the "light show" update last week....anyone else? I haven't seen any posts.

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it. There are definitely moments you don't want it to drive itself, but for simple left/right turns and intersections, pretty awesome. It's tentative but not as much as I thought. Not a huge fan that the interior camera monitors you so aggressively, as you can't take your hands out of sight for even a second without it alerting you. Kind of defeats the purpose of having hands-free driving, but I understand the safety issue. Perhaps when the full software comes out it'll be a little less intense.

Reactions: preilly44
I also got into the beta with the holiday update. Can’t say I am impressed with it. My local area is super simple - almost all roads are divided up into squares of some size resulting in almost every turn being a 90 degree, predictable turn. So far I have only seen the car successfully turn right on red or a stop sign twice. The rest of the time it hesitates for an eternity before I have to take over due to people behind me.

Also it seems to have a really hard time making left hand turns onto freeway on ramps. Right turns onto on ramps have been great.. but lefts are a disaster.

I expected FSD to have no trouble with my town after seeing the messed up / super challenging driving environments on YouTube. But it hasn’t done that well.

I’m surprised it isn’t better but hopefully it will keep improving.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up