Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else get NO RECEIPTS after picking up your vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I know Tesla wants to be green, I've never purchased a vehicle and paid that much money to get no receipts.

When I asked the Sales guy, he said it would be in my account in 3 days. It's day 3 and I haven't seen anything.

Is it legal to not give a receipt or delay a receipt for such a large purchase.

Call me old fashion, but I'd like copies of everything I sign.

Do they give you any paperwork whatsoever at the time of purchase? I’m registering my car from out of state and need to mail away some form of vehicle ownership history (something saying the car I received was new from Tesla). I believe the official name is MCO (Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin).

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Do they give you any paperwork whatsoever at the time of purchase?
Not in my case (home delivery in CA). An updated version of the purchase agreement (with the "final price sheet" added) showed up on my account the day before delivery. As far as I know this is the only "official" document that the customer receives. The other signatures that they ask for at delivery are for allowing them to register the car on your behalf and similar things, for which I don't really need a copy. The Californian EV rebate program accepts the first two pages from the purchase agreement (vehicle configuration and price sheet) as proof of purchase.

I have no idea if other states handle it differently.

Although I know Tesla wants to be green, I've never purchased a vehicle and paid that much money to get no receipts.

When I asked the Sales guy, he said it would be in my account in 3 days. It's day 3 and I haven't seen anything.

Is it legal to not give a receipt or delay a receipt for such a large purchase.
Not for a car.

Call me old fashion, but I'd like copies of everything I sign.
Apparently you have to make your own copies.

Like some of the others; I too received a copies in a folder from the Tesla Delivery Advisor of everything I signed. My delivery was in April; so either Tesla changed the practice to be more green -- or it just depends on the delivery center. In any case; with or without paperwork - the car is fantastic! Enjoy

Back in April I got a black tesla folder with a copy of all documents and cashiers check, yesterday at MDR , they said they were no longer doing that as it was going to be electronically uploaded, but I asked for the hard copy and they gave me the same black folder with all copies just like they did in April, and I saw today that the MPVA was updated on my account minus my signature

Reactions: neroden
I checked there..it's the agreement that was before I purchased...it isn't my signed copy

It was discussed on the other thread:

Any documents after the delivery?

No. It is not a signed copy.

For the purpose of California rebate, California accommodates electronic copy with an electronic timestamp instead of a human signature.

Some people also just print out the last page then manually sign the declaration that they received the car (instead of signatureless timestamp above) and turn it in for rebate.

Do they give you any paperwork whatsoever at the time of purchase? I’m registering my car from out of state and need to mail away some form of vehicle ownership history (something saying the car I received was new from Tesla). I believe the official name is MCO (Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin).

Manufacturer's Statement of Origin usually gets mailed to you 1-2 weeks after you get the car with all the paperwork you need for registration.

• Disagree
Reactions: azred