TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone else get NO RECEIPTS after picking up your vehicle

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by frank69, Aug 21, 2018.

1. frank69

frank69 Member

Although I know Tesla wants to be green, I've never purchased a vehicle and paid that much money to get no receipts.

When I asked the Sales guy, he said it would be in my account in 3 days. It's day 3 and I haven't seen anything.

Is it legal to not give a receipt or delay a receipt for such a large purchase.

Call me old fashion, but I'd like copies of everything I sign.

• Like x 2
  2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Old fashioned. That's what your phone camera was for, if you really needed it.

• Like x 1
  3. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Member

All documents show up online after a few days. Just enjoy your Model 3 and Chillax BRO

• Like x 5
  4. frank69

frank69 Member

Why does it take a few days? Why can't it be immediate?

• Disagree x 1
  5. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

I'm with you @frank69. I had my bank draft receipt, and registration/insurance papers, but nothing from Tesla in hard copy -- and I like hard copies.

6. ba2002

ba2002 Member

2 years later and I still don't have electronic copies. I demanded paper copies at the time of sale fortunately.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  7. stonelance

stonelance Member

I got an email with a link to the MVPA within a few days.

8. Tocunvt

Tocunvt Member

Do they give you any paperwork whatsoever at the time of purchase? I’m registering my car from out of state and need to mail away some form of vehicle ownership history (something saying the car I received was new from Tesla). I believe the official name is MCO (Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin).

• Like x 1
  9. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

I got hard copies for everything I signed. Mvpa showed up online the next day.

10. Eno Deb

Eno Deb Member

Not in my case (home delivery in CA). An updated version of the purchase agreement (with the "final price sheet" added) showed up on my account the day before delivery. As far as I know this is the only "official" document that the customer receives. The other signatures that they ask for at delivery are for allowing them to register the car on your behalf and similar things, for which I don't really need a copy. The Californian EV rebate program accepts the first two pages from the purchase agreement (vehicle configuration and price sheet) as proof of purchase.

I have no idea if other states handle it differently.

11. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

I got a black tesla folder with all documents MPVA, DMV forms , copy of check, etc.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  12. Tam

Tam Active Member

Lots of people are in the same boat:

From your Tesla Account webpage,

Click on "Manage->View Vehicle Details->Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement

See the link below for more discussion:

Any documents after the delivery?

13. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

Not for a car.

Apparently you have to make your own copies.

14. PLUGZIN

PLUGZIN Member

Like some of the others; I too received a copies in a folder from the Tesla Delivery Advisor of everything I signed. My delivery was in April; so either Tesla changed the practice to be more green -- or it just depends on the delivery center. In any case; with or without paperwork - the car is fantastic! Enjoy

15. frank69

frank69 Member

I checked there..it's the agreement that was before I purchased...it isn't my signed copy

16. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

I got my copies of signed documents at delivery. Once again my experience is different from what I read on this site

17. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

Back in April I got a black tesla folder with a copy of all documents and cashiers check, yesterday at MDR , they said they were no longer doing that as it was going to be electronically uploaded, but I asked for the hard copy and they gave me the same black folder with all copies just like they did in April, and I saw today that the MPVA was updated on my account minus my signature

• Like x 1
  18. Tam

Tam Active Member

It was discussed on the other thread:

Any documents after the delivery?

No. It is not a signed copy.

For the purpose of California rebate, California accommodates electronic copy with an electronic timestamp instead of a human signature.

Some people also just print out the last page then manually sign the declaration that they received the car (instead of signatureless timestamp above) and turn it in for rebate.

19. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

It was emailed to me, took 3-4 days.

20. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Manufacturer's Statement of Origin usually gets mailed to you 1-2 weeks after you get the car with all the paperwork you need for registration.

• Disagree x 1