Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else get this gift certificate for jeans from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeC

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2012
Los Angeles
Got this in the mail from Tesla today and was wondering why I got it. Kind of ironic that the tag line is "Experience the denim equivalent of a V12 engine" - as a Model S owner, I take that to mean they are claiming their jeans are loud and smelly, powered by outdated technology that is soon to be obsolete.

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

I got one today as well.
It looks like you have to spend $250 to redeem the $100. And, yeah, the V12 tag line is a bit anachronistic for a Tesla promo.
But I checked out the website prices and almost spit my IPA. I guess recoiling at spending on $198 for 1 pair of already worn out jeans makes me an anachronism.

Between this and the other spam stuff I've seen that Tesla owners receive, it really ticks me off.

TESLA--NO ONE WANTS YOU TO SELL OUR INFORMATION. GOT IT!

I dont' want my info sold to ANYONE--period. If they do, then I won't buy as they need to respect my privacy.

Between this and the other spam stuff I've seen that Tesla owners receive, it really ticks me off.
TESLA--NO ONE WANTS YOU TO SELL OUR INFORMATION. GOT IT!
I dont' want my info sold to ANYONE--period. If they do, then I won't buy as they need to respect my privacy.
I understand your complaint. However, for the record, in my 4 mos of ownership, I haven't received anything spam-ish that I could attribute to Tesla.
This card came in a Tesla "Thank You Card" sized envelope with Tesla's return address on it.
So I don't think the 7 Luxe Jeans marketeers have learned the location of my sock drawer.
I saw the envelope, ripped it open assuming it was my Hyperloop boarding pass, and was quickly deflated to learn it was some rag swag.
But, nice of Tesla to think of me.

This was the only thing I've ever received from Tesla or related 3rd party. Agree that even with 100 bucks off, the jeans are still overpriced. But I'm not complaining because I have friends who do spend that kind of money on jeans and that makes it worth $100, if I give it to them.

I came home today and saw a small envelope from Tesla. It looked like it might be an invitation. I eagerly opened it up and found the gift card enclosed. Disappointed, then I was confused by the V-12 line. My next reaction upon scanning the card was at least I have a $100 gift card. Maybe it is for some special Tesla apparel--how thoughtful of Tesla. Maybe Tesla knows my birthday is coming. Then I read the fine print--if I spend $250 on jeans I get $100 off. That reminds me of how my wife used to come home from shopping and tell me how she "made" $100. My reaction was always what did it cost me for you to "make" $100.

So I went to the website to see how many pairs of Levis I can get for $250, maybe it will be worth it--I can clothe my whole family. I quickly learned that I could get 1.5 pairs of already worn out jeans. I usually like to start with new jeans, not worn out jeans. Since I am old enough to be able to afford a model S, I am at an age where "relaxed fit" applies. Those worn out jeans don't look like relaxed fit.

Why did Tesla send this? The return address is Tesla headquarters. I should have marked the envelope "return to sender."

No way this is from TM marketing. V12 line is a giveaway. I'd go with financing like dsm363 suggested as I didn't get one.

But, whomever gets one, could you let us know if you are:

1. Signature?
2. USA region?
3. Financing through TM/Wells Fargo?

So we can narrow down this 3rd party'ing of PII

I don't know about the gift card, but if she comes with the jeans then you got yourself a hell of a good deal.
"Shop women" is an interesting choice of words. Does it take you to a Russian web site?

- - - Updated - - -

If you mean Tesla's financing, no.
I think he meant other financing.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or more automotive financing outfits was approached to do this sort of advertising where the car brand is just a field in the automatically filled form.

- - - Updated - - -

I came home today and saw a small envelope from Tesla.
Can one (or more!) of you post a picture of the envelope?