Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else getting a "(EUNSPECIFIED) Host unreachable" from the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Android (12) here as well. I turned off the wifi and was able to connect immediately. Once I turned wifi back on, I stayed connected. I dont understand how these things work, but I have seen other apps behave like this.
I've been having this problem exactly as you described for a few weeks now, even through an app update to Android 4.4.4-847 and a car update to FSD 10.8.1 (2021.44.30.5), and an Android OS update (it said v12 on that update restart request notification, but I thought I was on 12 already).

I've been having this problem exactly as you described for a few weeks now, even through an app update to Android 4.4.4-847 and a car update to FSD 10.8.1 (2021.44.30.5), and an Android OS update (it said v12 on that update restart request notification, but I thought I was on 12 already).
Same as everyone here, it was a Wi-Fi issue. After resetting the home router the app started working.

I found this thread after being unable to access the service tab in the app. I have a mobile service appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning and my app said there's a new message to view. Of course I can't view it because of the error. I logged out of the account, reset the password on my computer, rebooted the phone... no joy.

So I texted the mobile service manager with a screenshot and asked if there's a solution. And if they could send me any important messages another way since I clearly couldn't read them and the appointment is first thing in the morning. Nothing back.

I did some searching, found this this thread and tried switching off the WiFi. Of course it worked. Logged into the app and the service messages and what do I see? A message from mobile service telling me I'd probably tried logging in too many times!!! 🤦‍♂️

Note that this helpful suggestion was sent to the App. The app I said I couldn't get into.

I've seen people complaining about Tesla service, but my experiences have largely been favorable. However, this was annoyingly stupid, and worse yet, he followed up with a text message telling me not to text him. ....wow... 'disappointing' is one way to describe it... he was good to deal with in the past, but he's either overworked or jaded now, as this sort of treatment doesn't seem overly-professional to me.

I found this thread after being unable to access the service tab in the app. I have a mobile service appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning and my app said there's a new message to view. Of course I can't view it because of the error. I logged out of the account, reset the password on my computer, rebooted the phone... no joy.

So I texted the mobile service manager with a screenshot and asked if there's a solution. And if they could send me any important messages another way since I clearly couldn't read them and the appointment is first thing in the morning. Nothing back.

I did some searching, found this this thread and tried switching off the WiFi. Of course it worked. Logged into the app and the service messages and what do I see? A message from mobile service telling me I'd probably tried logging in too many times!!! 🤦‍♂️

Note that this helpful suggestion was sent to the App. The app I said I couldn't get into.

I've seen people complaining about Tesla service, but my experiences have largely been favorable. However, this was annoyingly stupid, and worse yet, he followed up with a text message telling me not to text him. ....wow... 'disappointing' is one way to describe it... he was good to deal with in the past, but he's either overworked or jaded now, as this sort of treatment doesn't seem overly-professional to me.
This app stuff really isn't what mobile service is tasked with dealing with, plus that text might be his personal phone, so that is likely why the response. It is something normal customer service should deal with. I reached out before using chat support in link below when there were issue with service messages not showing up and chat was able to retrieve the message for me.
Customer Support

This app stuff really isn't what mobile service is tasked with dealing with, plus that text might be his personal phone, so that is likely why the response. It is something normal customer service should deal with. I reached out before using chat support in link below when there were issue with service messages not showing up and chat was able to retrieve the message for me.
Customer Support
My concern was that if the message I couldn't see was important (perhaps a change to the appointment that I needed to be aware of or acknowledge), I clearly couldn't do it via the app. The cell number was the one that we used for mobile service communications before the app was developed, so I'm guessing it's a company phone. It's not like he doesn't know me and it's not like I ever spam him, or even used the number since the app added service functions.

I tried that link (or the equivalent) some time ago and got nowhere fast. Maybe it's better now, but all the guy needed to do was check the messaging in the app and text me that there was nothing to worry about - that would have solved the problem without pissing me off. If you've had good experience with it, I'll try it again next time there's a problem... but I'm actually a little surprised that they would be connected to service files. Good that they are.

I was an early adopter in an area not at all well serviced by Tesla (and still isn't, if we're honest). I've completed a few dozen referrals for them (in an area that doesn't allow referral rewards and is inhabited by EV-hating rednecks), allowed strangers to drive my car more often than I can count. I worked the nearest sales location into the local car show as free advertising, I helped with logistics of early local test drive events. I've been through some significant repairs that required me to travel 5 hours each way in the dead of winter and stay overnight at my own cost. I've advocated for them from Day One, been a keynote speaker at EV events. What I've got in return is a supercharger-crippled 85 pack that they won't acknowledge, pumps that run 24/7 in my garage at any charge level above 75%... apparently a huge mystery to them but not something they want to look into. And then the BS I described in my previous post. I don't want special treatment, but a little basic respect would be nice.

Reactions: ArtK
Android (12) here as well. I turned off the wifi and was able to connect immediately. Once I turned wifi back on, I stayed connected. I dont understand how these things work, but I have seen other apps behave like this.
Thank you @Cheffromage - I have been struggling with this, and the Tesla rep had never heard of it (amazing given this whole thread of others experiencing it) but I tried what you did and it works great now. You're awesome for posting this simple solution.

Reactions: Anser
The old Android app was not working anymore, I installed the new one version 4.1 today and cannot login.
Keep getting this message when I try to sign in:
Error:
Failed to log in. Please try again later. (EUNSPECIFIED) No route to host.

What a joke! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Finally, after trying many times, on May 21, 2022, I could get the latest Tesla App working again on my Android tablet.
I could login and connect without the message below, and the app seems to work again.

Error:

No explanation on what was causing the error. 🤷‍♂️

Just got a weird email back from [email protected] stating that they don't monitor the support emails anymore.

"Thank you for contacting Tesla. This email address is no longer monitored.
Visit our Support Site to learn more about our products or services or to find answers to commonly asked questions. If you can’t find what you are looking for, contact us to ask a question. You will need to log into your Tesla Account to ask a question — this is so we know who we’re speaking to and can help you quicker."

I tried getting to the support site as suggested, but there is no way to enter a problem or ask an explanation of what the error message means and what was the cause for it.
Must be the worst customer support I've ever had to deal with.

Can somebody explain what is causing this error message?
Error: