Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else getting flashed a lot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got flashed for repeated brake lights being randomly on? With phantom braking and auto regen braking, i find my brake light coming on all the time.
I followed an M3 for the first time a few days ago. The brake lights were on off on off on off. Have to say it was very annoying. Not sure this is representative though. Her actual speed was also up down up down up down so i figured it was maybe someones first outing and hadn't got the hang of the regen.
Have followed another one since and that was fine

Race to the bottom?

I hope the technology improves to enable an earlier dip on all auto dip cars than it does now, but guess that would be a technology challenge. More difficult I guess than reducing the delay before it reengages high beam after.
What we need it auto flash!!! Dip the lights for oncoming lights but if they are over a certain brightness for x seconds then flash lights repeatedly. Maybe i'll tweet this when Elon comes back on line. He can call it "Jason Mode" :)

I followed an M3 for the first time a few days ago. The brake lights were on off on off on off. Have to say it was very annoying. Not sure this is representative though. Her actual speed was also up down up down up down so i figured it was maybe someones first outing and hadn't got the hang of the regen.
Have followed another one since and that was fine

I've always wondered what it's like to follow a model 3 since I'm not really aware of when I'm braking unless it's a rapid stop. Never been flashed for it though.

Brake lights show as a reflection on the road of the car driving graphic.

You can often also see them in rear view camera - we got honked coming out of a supercharger once, thinking we had a light failure (as with a new Tesla you always fear the worse ;) ) and checking in rear camera in reflection in dark could see that we were all present and correct.